MagicBands...a plea (or a lament)

TBH, one of my party got the GE one, and It’s pretty much one of the free generic grey ones with a decal slapped on it.

It’s still a really nice band, it’s my favorite that I have.

1 Like

I have a brown one. A dark brown one with gold accents.

I need a plain black one

Well looked black to me.

No-one needs more than one magic band.

1 Like

I got this one back in December!

Yes, you can hardly see the pattern.

Says the man who paid handsomely for a D and B one!

It is true, though. But if they are going to make me choose one for each of us for each of our stays (so, that makes 4 MBs for our trip in December) I would like to choose ones we actually want.

That’s disappointing. I don’t have a light blue one so I guess it’s still a good one to add to my collection. I do wish they would show it as it actually appears in person. It’s not like it’s free. I paid $20 for it!

I suppose you’re right. I will sell the dark brown one on eBay.

Can they please add the Grumpy one back!!! my DS14 decided to join us and so we have to order him a band. Technically I have the ones from before with the old reservation # for me and the 3 littles (which I spent weeks looking for the Lion King one). Grumpy is so my son. I am going t end up buying it full price. We just had the plain ones the first trip but I liked the upgrades. I am also waiting for the RunDisney Star wars one, for me.

1 Like

I usually just get the plain ones. At this point I think I have collected all the colors so I really wanted something different. I paid $10 to buy the Minnie Mouse Icon (red band with black mouse ears with white bows.) Had it cost more than $10, I wouldn’t have bought it, but there are only 2 of us going, so it wasn’t a huge cost. I really think they should offer free bands in special designs for people staying on property. It would make you feel like they really value your loyalty.

1 Like

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

:kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

There are a couple of new styles available this morning.

1 Like

Unfortunately, they are just rehashes of ones we’ve seen before, but went away temporarily.

I actually like the 2020 Mickey one, but I need there to be either a white band or a dark green band to show up.

I’m digging the Pirates one, but I think I’ll wait to get down there to see if I REALLY want a different one. I am planning on buying sneakers that match my yellow MB just to bug my kids.

5 Likes

Now that’s true fatherly dedication! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@ryan1 there are some new fun MBs available on MDE today

Funny. I looked early this morning, and they didn’t have them. Must have added them since then.

Unfortunately, nothing I specifically want…but it does give me hope! Maybe something will show up. Mostly holding out for a white or a dark green one to show up, but the solid colors don’t seem to be changing. We shall see. I still have 238 days to decide. :smiley:

1 Like

I CANNOT believe people are still having problems with these $10 upgraded magic bands! For my December 2019 trip, I was checking non-stop from the time I booked (June 28!!) until October (When I had to decide by) multiple times a day, every day. I’d see one I liked, but not one my Mom would like or vice versa (We each had a top 5, IN CASE they appeared at the same time)…or, they would appear at the same time but when we went to put them in our cart, they would be “sold out” already. It drove us nuts. Finally, we each got our 2nd and 4th choices - the White Cinderella Castle with Mickey band and the Blue Sorcerer Mickey band. We ended up being happy with our choices but good lord was it stressful. hah.