MagicBands...a plea (or a lament)

Same. I think I enjoyed reading my daughter Fancy Nancy more than she enjoyed me reading it to her. :shushing_face:

ETA: And her older brothers and I would get mighty competitive trying to win Pretty Pretty Princess against her!

2 Likes

That was a fun game

I ordered ours last night. Iā€™ve been watching for several weeks now to see if they had any new ones added. They had Sorcerer Mickey and I was so excited because heā€™s been a favorite since I was a small child. Put it in my cart and it was sold out. Boo!! Ended up with a plain purple.

3 Likes

There was a whole rack of the infamous Figment magic band at the shop in the Contemporary a few weeks ago. So, you might still be able to get one of those. :wink:

2 Likes

Iā€™m afraid Iā€™ll be askedā€¦

ā€œā€¦or are you just happy to see me?ā€

4 Likes

This is the one I got. It arrived last week. I wanted to get at least one paid magic band so that theyā€™d come sooner- weā€™re leaving well before our check in day, so I was worried about the ā€œweā€™ll send them ten days before your check in!ā€ Um, we might not be here? LOL So I saw this one and liked it a lot for myself, but my family members didnā€™t like any of the others available. So I was the selfish one who got a ā€œspecialā€ magic band with mickey, and everyone else in my group got plain colors. Itā€™s annoying that they change so often so the whole group couldnā€™t get what they want

1 Like

Oh, I was ready to be so jealous that you got this when I saw the pic and then I read your next sentence. My sympathies!

1 Like

Darn, Iā€™ve been eyeing that one, even though Iā€™m not going until next year.

1 Like

I wanted the Sorcerer Mickey band too, but I couldnā€™t find 3 other bands we would all like, and I canā€™t get one upgraded and 3 plain (can you imagine the fights/complaining!?), so I didnā€™t get any yet.

1 Like

It was a moot point for me when I went. I got a little attachment for the mb puck (not sure if that is what they are called) and attached it to my watch. I donā€™t like too many things on my wrist. I have to admit though, I like the Sorcerer Mickey one! It matches my credit card.

1 Like

There is a new castle pre order band today. I was excited to finally see a different option.

Ooh what does that look like?

4 Likes

We did choose solid color bands last September trip. Except for the birthday girl who wanted black so we ordered that from the Disney store.

I was tempted at one point to choose 16 gray bands and avoid the whole madness. As it was we had at least 3 who opted for gray.

State fan, are you?

I got Sorcerer Mickey for myself, Star Wars for DH, and plain for the kids.

Iā€™m a mean mom sometimes.

2 Likes

Well, last time we went I got the boring olā€™ nondescript ones from Disney and also bought a set of ones we wanted. I used them interchangeably - we wore the boring ones on the plane, and DME, and on pool days or shopping excursions.

But in the parks, always the nice ones!

I have this oneā€¦it was a pass holder exclusive last summer. Love the blue but the castle pattern is very light.

You already have one.

Wow.

Really? I thought it was new. I jumped on it when I saw it this morning. Oh wellā€¦