Magicband+ is now available

We decided it was worth it to make our trip smoother. We want to be able to make purchases with our Magic Bands, and we want our kids to be able to use theirs as a room key. (They’re too young to have phones that could unlock the room.)

1 Like

Where did you find them?

There were about 8 options on MDE and since I didn’t anticipate finding better options, I went for what was there. I also found some appealing options on eBay, but ultimately didn’t buy them. I think it’s going to get harder and harder to find 2.0 bands to buy now that Magicband+ is being rolled out.

Do you have any from your past trips that you can use again?

I have some from 2019 that should work.
Where did you see on MDE?

You can use your old MB.

We’re skipping MB this time since we each have a MBE account and phones. I may take an old one just in case.

Pins?

You can get by fine without them using Mobile Magic

1 Like

We didn’t have any for our trip this past week and had no trouble using our phones.

1 Like

2 Likes

Oh specific to the festival. Got it.

I thought you meant generally.

I can tell you they are currently out of locking pin backs across all of property. It was one of my trip objectives and on account of that I failed.

Yeah, they purposefully make the festival pins Limiyed Edition. It creates a whole different market in pin trading world. Which ones did you want? I will keep an eye out and see if I can trade for one.

Interesting- they had the. At Hilton Head DVC at Easter, so there is a small stash there.

That’s idiotic. You make as many as you can sell. And if you are going to pointlessly limit supply, spread it out over the festival. Don’t sell them all on Day 1 to scum resellers.

That’s kind, but I’m honestly not bothered. It might have been nice at the time.

I completely agree with holding back that supply for festivals. They are supposed to be a celebration of the festival!

I am.currently collecting this series. It is a limited edition of 1000 per pin - which is not a crazy limited size, those featival ones are usually 2500 or 3000. One pin per month, DLR only. They sell out hours. I have a few sources, and I have traded for one, but one was purchased from a reseller :frowning: .

My DD and I started trading through Facebook for fun at the start of the pandemic. It is always fun to look out for something new and specific. Except for the above, I am not as interested in much right now. But I agree, getting one later is not the same as finding it and getting it to remind you of your trip :frowning:

3 Likes

My daughter started collecting them in 2nd grade or something (along with vinylmations and then tsum tsums) so I would start making my own monthly subscription boxes for her and I’d focus on a theme like Peter Pan or Jungle Book. I’d often have to buy pins/vinyls/tsumtsums resale to stay on theme which always worried me if they were real but then again it was more to give her something to fun to collect every month. She outgrew it; I took over the pin collection and she has a HUGE box of tsums tsums and vinylmations in her closet to “sell” on ebay but that has yet to happen. Some of them are rare and are the double blinds but I don’t know if anyone cares anymore since except for Japan and maybe China tsum tsums are out and vinyls gave way to Pops I think…

I love those.

That really annoys me. Why does Disney play that game? I would buy them because I like them, not because they’re limited edition.

It really feels like they’re leaving money on the table. And leaving many people disappointed. Except resellers.

2 Likes

I have been trying to unload my Vinylmations on Ebay. No one cares about them anymore. :grimacing:

:frowning: that makes me sad i loved them much better than pops

I know some people whon ould help you with that if you are interested in selling the whole collection. One of the moderators of my Facebook page collects both. The moderators are awesome, amazing people. The mods by bulk collections - you will only get about 50% of the value of selling individually, but you don’t have to sell them individually! Let me know if you are interested.

Edited: I think they can only help with vinylmation pins…

I’ll ask her…

Some are still in boxes and autographed but most are opened (because how else do you know what you get!)

1 Like