Magicband+ is now available

https://wdwnt.com/2022/05/breaking-magicband-debuts-at-walt-disney-world/

What’s the difference between the new shiny and the old shiny?

2 Likes

I know they’re supposed to interact with the gold statues in some way.

2 Likes

NO magical colors there :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

It would be nice if they were available to order with your resort reservation asap. I have 3 days left to book and I was holding out hope they would be available.

6 Likes

Yeah, I also checked Shop Disney… they don’t seem to be available there either

1 Like

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/magicband-plus/

Depending on what “magical surprises” are offered, it appears like not much right now.

Although, the ability to recharge means that if you get a favorite band, it likely will not lose its long range Bluetooth abilities.

3 Likes

I am not able to select one of the new bands for our upcoming trip. 8 days out.

Hopefully we’ll be able to buy one when we’re there.

We’re not going to Disney Springs but you’d think resorts and parks would have a similar selection.

4 Likes

The question is, how long the charges hold and how long it takes to charge? Are they waterproof?

I don’t know the answers to any of that, but the biggest “ding” against keeping a (now) regular magicband was the loss of the battery over time.

I would hope this solves that issue. Maybe not forever, but probably for more than a couple of years…

1 Like

True, but batteries die if they are rechargeable, too. Are the batteries replaceable? Do they continue to work for tapping in and opening doors if they are not charged? These could make for a worse product if you have to keep them charged.

Oh, I am just asking questions. I don’t expect you to answer them. Just food for thought.

2 Likes

It seems like wdwnt bought some and tried them out:

1 Like

Well they would have tried them out if they could have linked them :joy:

1 Like

That is cheaper than I was expecting.

1 Like

Yes, but they took them out of the package and showed all the parts.

1 Like

Yes, that was useful to see. I really want to know how they interact with the statues though! It was ridiculous that nobody knew how to link them.

2 Likes

118 Likes, 7 Comments - Mike Rahlmann (@beourguestmike) on Instagram: "The #MagicBandPlus is in the cradle and getting charged up!  It works with Amazon Alexa too! #TheSummit22 #Worlds22 #PlatinumAthletics #Frost #cheer #cheerleading #AllStarCheer...

Cheftodd posted this on chat

1 Like

I’m wondering if the DS store put them out before they were supposed to?

2 Likes

Maybe but May 1st makes sense?

1 Like

It may be a mistake, I believe they were just taking about them in an article recently and I thought Disney said “later this year” they would debut.

Agreed… I can’t believe that is the actual price, especially when some of the Magicband2’s are costing $40. That may be the price for generic plain colors, but I’ll bet all the fun ones will be $50…

3 Likes