Magical Vacations Travel Reviews

I decided to book myself, just to hold a spot. The MVT deals have not been released for my dates yet, so fingers crossed they get a good deal. We’re within budget, but tight without any discounts, it’d be nice to have some wiggle room.

1 Like

We have used MVT for our past three Disney trips. Kristen is always so helpful. They took care of our dining reservations too. In fact, Kristen was going to be out the country at our 180 date so she got Darcy to help us. Darcy jumped right in and had taken care of our reservation requests before I even woke up that day. And she was working with a party of 11! She split up our group for one of the reservations just because we had our heart set on Ohana’s and she was not having luck with a party that size. They don’t just say “sorry there is nothing available”, jbut go the extra mile! I highly recommend MVT - so refreshing to work with these agents!

2 Likes

We are trying to find a way for my mother in law and her husband to come stay with us two nights of a 7 night stay. We are booked in a standard room through MVT at POR. But the issue is they have changed it where the 5th pull down sleeper rooms in Alligator Bayou are a separate booking category. Darcy says that I would have to add them to my entire reservation and tell them when we arrive that they will only be staying there for two nights and Disney should refund us. The problem is I hear that if you have 5 booked that you have to be booked in the 5th sleeper category and not just standard. I’m waiting to hear back from Darcy about it. I’m sure she will figure out what we can do.

I just looked up what you were talking about. I just put my family of 5 in to check for a room at POR in Disney’s website. It did pull up a category for a 5th sleeper, but it also pulled up the standard room that we have booked before. I wonder if that category was made for those who want the 5th sleeper, but do not have 5 people. Interesting.

Yeah. Some people have said on other forums that since they have opened up that other booking option that they will no longer allow 5 to go in a standard room, but as you just said, if you put 5 in and search you can still choose just a standard room. Guess we will see what Darcy comes up with.

I have to remember which forum I can talk about MVT and which one I cant lol

1 Like

Darcy wrote me back and said that I shouldn’t have an issue getting them to refund the nights that they don’t stay in the room. The folks on the other board are saying that if we are not booked specifically in the 5th sleep room category that they will not put us in one of those rooms without an up charge. But if they allow Darcy to book 5 with their Agency Exclusive they would have to accommodate us wouldn’t they? I am just trusting Darcy will take care of it. She has been absolutely awesome so far. She has responded to emails both Saturday and Sunday!

So Darcy added the two other adults to my reservation so I should be good to go. I can’t say enough about Darcy so far. She has been great. This is only the second time I have used a TA and she is much better than the first one I had. Highly recommend her!

You know I’m thinking it was bit lower than the $230 I quoted you. Because when I did the math I didn’t factor in the taxes. So the rate was a bit lower and with taxes and stuff it came out to around $230.

There are extra adults too?

Oh no, my bad, with the extra two adults it’s about $50 more per night. Sorry.

1 Like

I used them in 2016 for the LD Special - it was phenomenal savings. 7 nights at the Poly for $1670 - room only, $2585 with tickets for 2 adults and one child under 10. I reached out this year but the room rate at the Poly has doubled. I know people who use them every year without hesitation. Also, I’ve never heard of any ticket issues from the people I know.

1 Like

We booked with them and the discount was amazing…I was worried until the moment of check in it was too good to be true! Vickie was incredible to work with. She dealt with the room issues we needed…there is a special room cleaning you can request for people with multiple allergies and my nephew had no problems the whole trip. She also was able to move all the rooms around once it was clear my Dad was going to need a handicapped accessible room. Then when we had to cancel at the last minute because my Dad’s health deteriorated we asked her to donate the room to a first-responder family if possible and Disney ended up refunding the full 3 nights. She was very compassionate during this time. I did all the fastpasses and dining reservations and everything went without a hitch. I was disappointed we could not use them this year but they did not have the resort my Dad wanted for his do-over trip now that he is ok to travel.