Magical Vacations Travel (2018)

The just-released 2018 “Big Book” dedicates a few pages to these folk. I looked in these forums and didn’t see anything recent about them, but wanted to confirm that indeed they offer substantial savings! I am just starting bookings for a trip in April next year, and set up a booking on WDW’s website to ensure I at least had a reservation supporting my plane tickets. I got to page 133 and read about MVT. I gave them a try and while not the 50% savings noted for a higher end hotel like the Polynesian, very happy with a 34% discount at the Pop Century over WDWs rate.

Encouraged by that quote and the good reports here from MVT from several years ago, will complete the bookings over the next few days. I’ll report back once completely complete (in MDE and able to set up DME, etc.). Seems almost too good to be true, but the Big Book goes into great detail as to why it is legit.

will

3 Likes

I tried 2 agents and both emails on their site were no longer in service.
I like the idea of saving money, however as I’m traveling with someone elderly and with some medical issues I’m always worrying about the cancellation policy.

2 years ago Disney was AWESOME and gave me a total refund 5 days out from our trip.

Can you elaborate?

Barbelle:

In the email quote it is almost the same as my WDW-direct reservation except one point. One nights deposit on booking, and fully refundable up to five days in advance. If cancelled less than 5 days in advance, you lose only the deposit. That is exactly the same as my room-only booking I have with WDW-direct. The one point that is different is they say payment is due 30 days in advance.

will

Barbelle:

Oops, forgot to answer the other point. The Big Book just gave the company name along with strong emphasis on not being associated with them. I just Googled the company name followed the links for WDW hotels and got a name, phone number and email address. No online quotes purchasing. I opted for email and got the reply 24 hours later. I’ll be calling tomorrow to make the actual booking. I’ll let you know how it goes.

will

Thank you!
Would you be willing to let me know which agent you are dealing with? I would like to email them in the morning to see if they can beat the price I have now.

Barbelle:

The links I followed got me here, then you pick the resort type. I headed to the value resorts.
http://www.magicalvacationstravel.com/destinations/walt-disney-world/brochure-wdw
After that I got the name/number and email of someone, but got a reply from someone named Darcy Phelps.
I’m a bit of a skeptic on names provided online, so not sure how accurate or how much it helps.

I’ll know more tomorrow when I call.

will

I use Darcy and she’s been great!

Many of us use MVT when they have an agency exclusive offer. Last last couple of years their April rates have been better than Disney but not as good as February or the best time to book- Labor Day. I have booked with Candice and Brandi and both are amazing. Most often MVT rate will beat even the AP discount.

Did you see this Touring Plans blog post?

A few “liners” started posting about the Labor Day special maybe 3-4 years ago at least. I think I have booked at least eight reservations through them. Make sure you go into your MDE account after you book and check the mailing address on your reservation and for your magic bands. Enjoy!

1 Like

I used Darcy too and she’s great! It’s legit!

If you use TP chat as well as forums, there is a thread there about MVT and recommended agents approximately every 10 minutes! You’ll get lots of advice there.

1 Like

The best deal I’ve found so far is Labor Day. But we also have agency deals booked for February and April last year - we’ve had nothing but great experiences with Brandi (who is noted in the Big Book!). Even when we don’t book the agency exclusive (I’ve gotten bouncebacks, AP deals) I always transfer the booking to Brandi to manage because of the excellent service. Definitely legit.

2 Likes

We just used them and saved a ton!! We saved over $500

Yes, but unfortunately 2 of those came back undeliverable - that’s where I got the info from. :disappointed:

For all the folk that gave MVT thumbs up, thanks. My inclination is to be a bit scared when something sounds too good to be true, but between the recommendation from the Big Book and your flurry of posts here, felt OK doing so. After a little back and forth I got hold of Darcy who was very pleasant to work with and have a 34% discount compared to the booking I had with WDW direct. I’ve entered into my MDE account and all looks good. Count me as another happy customer.

PrincipalTinker: I had not gotten to Blog posts yet, but a slightly condensed version of that blog post is what I read in the 2018 Big Book and got me to looking MVT up!

Barbelle: Hmm, seems weird all the emails worked as well as phone number for me (I just got an answering machine and left a message. It is a very long domain name, any chance of a typo on there somewhere?

will

1 Like

If you ever need a travel agent this thread includes a Goggle sheet that has of the liner TAs. Last time I looked there were two MVT agents on the list. They are the two I have used in the past and both are very good. All TAs on this list include their direct contact info. I have used this list to contact other agents for other bookings too.

2 Likes

Thank you, I will take a look!

Have a Disney World Vacation booked for March. Figured I got a pretty good deal booking it myself on-line. Don’t generally use an agent anymore because they want to book right a way instead of looking for a good deal and then notifying me. Your post sounded interesting and I have wanted another agent so I filled out the information at their site and what I am looking for. We will see what price they come up with compared to the price I have now. DocHopper

DocHopper: Very curious to see what you find! I was looking for a booking right away, so wasn’t an issue for me. Rate was great compared to what I had, so quite happy. Certainly no pressure (in fact no even mentioning) of any add-on sales either. I haven’t used an agent ever before given general fears, so was very pleasantly surprized.

Am trying to get a hold of Darcy via phone. Keep missing each other. She did however give me a quote and from what I can see, the tickets and meal plan cost is nearly the same as buying them straight out from the Disney World online site. The room however is another matter. Magical Vacations Travel say they can get it for about 700 less than I can get it on a Disney Stay, Play, and Dine spring special. They say they are looking at a standard room at the Port of New Orleans Riverside/French Quarter. As far as I can see there are none available during the time period I am looking at. I did price the next best thing from a standard view to a garden view. The difference is not that much and nowhere near a 700 difference. If they can indeed procure my package at the price they state I may have to change my reservation and go through them. See I have already booked for a King room at Port of New Orleans Riverside so I would stand to lose the Insurance I took out if I change now. May not use them this time but will definitely use them next time if they are on the up and up. Another confusing thing is they can only procure 8 days of park tickets. On site it is 10. Why the difference?

They are completely legit . Did you see the Touring Plans blog post I linked in my first reply?