Magical Vacations Travel (2018)

I believe this is where I learned about this agency. Just talked with Darcy at this agency and she was very nice. I had a hard time believing she could save me $700 on my planned vacation. Tried to figure out how she could do it. She is checking into my date right now to see if my request is even possible. At this point I already have Disney World reservations booked online with Disney’s Stay, play and Dine special. Sad part is I also have insurance. This I will lose if I book through her for a different reservation. I can get other insurance besides Disney’s but it costs three times as much. Nice to know about Magical Vacations Travel though. My wife and I go to Disney World every year so if not this time, I will be checking with her for vacations in the future. Thanks for the tip! DocHopper

1 Like

DocHopper:

Yep, I’m of the mind that if it seems too good to be true, be suspicious. Between them being written up in the 2018 Big Book and the good reviews and encouragement from all the good folk on this forum, I went ahead. Do read the blog post PrincipalTinker refers to above if you haven’t yet, it explains how it works. Luckily I just had a regular cancellable reservation, so as soon as I saw the reservation go through, show up on MDE and was able to book DME, felt OK cancelling my original reservation. Saved a fortune similar to you! Darcy also explained they only offer really good deals on hotel rooms and not much else and happy doing just that. I asked if she wanted to take care of other reservations too (figuring all travel agents do), and she politely said she’d not be able to save me much if anything, so didn’t want to push anything not of real value to me. Nice and refreshing. Humorously, she also mentioned that she was going to be “offline” for a bit and admitted it was going to WDW for some “research” :slight_smile:

will

1 Like

Yes, I too just changed my reservation. Though I had The Play, Stay, and Dine special, I couldn’t come close to getting Disney Vacation Travels room price. Had to loose money spent for Disney’s trip insurance as they would not transfer it to the new reservation. Not all bad as this reservation has a 5 day cancelation policy on room, meal plan, and tickets in this package. The other reservation wanted 30 days. Was kind of amazed when I could only get 8 days of park tickets with Park Hopper and a Water Park instead of 10 days but Darcy said that is how the package goes. Also had to go from a King room to a Standard view room but that is no big deal. Your never guaranteed any view anyway. Putting in a fax for a quite room with view not so good, but it is close to the bus stop. It’s a little strange doing business by phone and email but that’s OK. When cancelling my Original reservation via Disney Travel Agency she said she could not see my new reservation because it was made by a travel agent. I however had no problem linking it to, MY DISNEY EXPERIENCE, where it showed up just fine. Both room and tickets. It didn’t however show my deposit or amount remaining to pay. Guess this might take a bit. Was able to order Magic Bands but as Darcy had stated, I had physically change the mailing address to my address rather than the one used by the travel agency. Now I still have to work on the Magical Express and see how I get the luggage tags. Shouldn’t be too much of a problem. I know one thing, if this works out without too much of a hassle, I am definitely using this travel agency in the future. As far as how they save you so much money compared to the best I could do, it’s all explained in The Unofficial Guide to Disney World 2018. If this works, I won’t have to wait for Disney World Specials in future reservations. That means a lot when you need to make dinning reservations 190 days out to get places and times you want. Now my reservation is not until March of 2018 so it will be a while till I know exactly if the method worked well, but so far so good. Jon

2 Likes

DocHopper:

Yay! Looks like we had very similar experiences. Good point I forgot to mention, being a bit weird making a reservation with a person over online. So '80s! :slight_smile: You will get there a bit before my, my trip isn’t until the end of April. Just a few days away from the 180-day mark. I’m definitely a convert too. Still feels too good to be true, but given all the good words here, confident it is indeed true.

will

I recently booked with Holly at MVT for a great price at The Wilderness Lodge, really great. The vacation had to begin one one particular day which worked for us. It was an agency exclusive deal. It’s my first time to book through a travel agency and I’m sold on it now!

1 Like

I posted this a while back. I may have had a bad experience but I’d rather do it myself

“So this is more of a rant than a question so apologies in advance. When I first started planning a Disney trip I was overwhelmed and decided to contact one of these Disney approved travel agents. I entered all my info for the quote and it came back the exact same price that was available on Disneys website. I thought whatever, I won’t have to do the leg work and I’ll have access to her expertise. I told the lady I wasn’t sure of the exact dates or hotel I wanted but said fall 2018 at a deluxe resort. I was thinking she’ll reply with her recommendations and we’ll go from there, well she never responded. However, every month or month in a half I get an email from her asking if I picked a date and hotel yet and I always reply saying I haven’t decided, what are her recommendations and she never writes back (I booked a few weeks ago, but I want to see how long this goes on). She obviously just wants the commission and has no interest in helping me along the way. I also have to wonder if she’s going to ignore my questions before she has my business what chance would I have once she got my money.”

Hope your booking your dinning reservations. You can book 190 days out while other not staying at a Disney resort only get 180. Why is this important? Because if your looking for one of the big three reservations like Be Our Guest, You won’t get them if there in the 180 day period. I booked to late because I was waiting for the Play Stay and Dine Special. Didn’t come out until I only had 160 days before my vacation. Heard via Google that organizations have Bots out in the Disney Dining reservation site. They scape up every sought after reservation they can get their hands on then sell them to individuals telling them to stand by the reservation site as they will dump their reservation back to the site. That’s why it is next to impossible to get a reservation after 180 days out. DocHopper

DocHopper: Yep, getting ready. The 190 day advance is 180 days for the first day or your plus up to 10 more days in the future up to your reservation. We have an 11-day trip and purposely putting the harder to reserve restaurants at the end of that trip to get those extra days. That worked quite nicely on my last big trip, I splurged with a reservation at V&A and had it exactly at T+190 days. Not that crazy this trip, but am going to try for BoG. Heard about the bots in various places on this forum, but so far haven’t had to mess with them, I’ve been OK with the 4am local alarm clock.

will

1 Like

yes , if you make them between 180 and 190 days out I have never had a problem getting what I wanted. This year I was late at about 160 days and had a hard time getting what I wanted at least at BOG, Ohana, and sometimes Akershus. We generally get a meal plan and we don’t do signature restaurants which require two table service per person. Of coarse for those who can deal with the price, these restaurants are also hard to get at the time one might want. Have a great vacation! DocHopper

Disney travel agency will NEVER give you anything different than what’s available on-line. They are trained to answer your questions but NEVER volunteer any recommendations as to what you should do or book for your vacation. They will not tell you that a special may be coming up in 2 days and will book nothing except right away. That is with most travel agencies these days. They will no longer look for savings in the future for you and notify you when they come along. They detest booking flights and will only do so a the going rate of booking. DocHopper

MVT agents are Disney Travel agents? My MVT agent has always checked my agency exclusive rate against all new deals (without ever asking). I usually check an email around 6:00 am telling me it has been checked and the results.

1 Like

So why should I give a third party company my business if they won’t provide a service I need. If I ask for recommendations based on my travel dates, family size and budget and they won’t provide their insight why should I book through them?

Booking through a third party, specifically MVT, saved my family $5000 on 5 rooms at the Poly, Club level. That is pretty awesome in my book. Plus, I have someone I can reach out to at any time with crazy random questions. Being a Liner, I want control of booking my ADRs and FPPs, so I utilize MVT for the cost savings. We have used them twice and they have beat any deal, including AP discount, that is available with their agency exclusive discounts.

2 Likes

As stated in my previous reply. I tried using them. They had no interest in helping me

1 Like

It seems unusual that Disney would allow an agency to undercut a disney hotel deal. I never thought that was possible.

But I don’t doubt what posters are saying in the thread

I clicked the link in post 7 but get a page saying the site is currently unavailable.

But at the same time I could still clink links above that message for the site that did work and are offering to get discounts for guests

Did a little bit of research on this business

The reason they can’t search for dates and deals and recommendations for families and the reason they only have discounts starting on set dates is it appears they make a large “convention/group” booking with a Hotel clearly at a time they think is going to be popular with clients and then will fill those rooms they commit to with the guests who enquire for discount rooms

So they take a gamble on buying a lot of rooms at hotel and gain their group/convention discount and then use individual bookings to make a group

Quite clever tbh

I wonder if Disney even know what they do or not

And I guess it makes sense for someone to book with them if the dates suit and the Hotel they have chosen suits

This will also explain why the rooms they offer you can’t price compare for same date as I imagine they have booked them all for the “convention”!

Them booking the convention may even make prices of other rooms go up in price at the Hotel as less availability for Hotel to sell (not sure on that though)

The tickets they offer are also convention package tickets hence they differ to the normal tickets you can buy

And the good news for UK guests is that one of the dates they offer is August at the Beach Club in the middle of UK School holidays

So worth looking at these IMO

Room only at a fraction of the normal cost

I have had MVT help me with a number of my bookings over the past 3 years as their deals make it very worth while. And given the limited availability of AP discounts over the past year, it has proven to be the least expensive way for me to have multiple trips to Disney. Brandi provides me recommendations when I am having a tough time deciding between resorts. I like to book my own ADRs and Fastpasses, but she always reminds me in advance of the booking date (which I often forget!). And on the rare occasion I do snag a deal myself, I always transfer her the reservation because she manages it from there, saving me time when I need to call Disney for a change - updating flight information, guest information, etc.

1 Like

You shouldn’t. The fact is that most travel agencies no longer do that type of thing. Their more than willing to book you on the spot, but will not search for a deal for you in the future. Airlines are even worse. It’s book now at the going rate. Here’s what I do. As far as DTC is concerned, they will set up your reservations at the rack rate. If you want a special you have to watch for it in Special Offers. They will then book it if it’s offered immediately and you tell them what you want. Airline are the same with them, they will book you same day at the going rate for your flight. So knowing this you go out to Disneyworld.com and you book your own trip via on-line when a special offer that meets your needs comes up. You book your flight if you need one when you get close to your travel date or the flight you wish to take is priced right. Now as stated about MVT. Tickets and Meal Plans are basically the same. MVT Tickets are a little different in there package deal as you can only get a max of 8 days with or without Parkhopper. You do however get like a one day water park, golf or the like. With a DTC reservation you can get 10 days of park tickets in the Magic Your Way Package deal. How MVT saves you money is that they take a risk and buy from Disney Business Reservations. They buy in lot’s of 10 for 3 days or more and guarantee Disney that they will fill them or MVT eats the cost of unsold rooms. Disney get there money either way and because of this they give MVT close to a 50% discount. MVT passes part of the saving on to you which depending on the resort type, and the number of people in the party, can be in the thousands. The draw back here is that all correspondence and payment must go through MVT. You can however make your own Dinning Reservations, Fasspasses, and wristband customization. It isn’t for everyone and to be honest this is my first time using them. I had my vacation already booked on-line at Disneyworld.com with insurance and the cost difference was so much that I cancelled losing the insurance money but saving hundreds via the MVT package. It was too much savings to ignore. I hope this helps you plan your vacation. DocHopper

4 Likes