Magic Bands — did you know this?

I wear a lanyard at work. :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Oh bummer

:joy::joy:

1 Like

Does the Disney Store at MCO have a better selection?

This chaps my hide. The cards are supposed to be the free alternative to the no longer free MB. And now they are penny-pinching about some stupid plastic cards! If it is the same story, that has to be management mandated.

I can be contrarian when I get my dander up. We have ticket cards that we got long ago. We have purchased MB since DH wanted them. But, now I think we need some more cards as backups. Plus, those 50th ones do look cute.

Also, MDE isn’t an option for us. I’ve made our smart phones a bit dim for security.

6 Likes

Holy cats. Just looked at the Magic Bands at the Canadian Amazon site. Mainly plain colours for $50-80 but there’s a few others… POTC $130, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique $192…

Could those be the new interactive ones?

I don’t think so. They’re described as Magic Band 2.0 (or Magic Band 2) and isn’t that the current version?

They are cute and that’s why I wanted them… all… :wink:

Yikes!

Mind you that’s Canadian dollars…
so like $0.34 American or something

4 Likes

I have just discovered that, while you cannot reassign a Magic Band to a different MDE, you can completely change the name and details of an MDE.

I bought a Magic Band for a friend I was going to take in 2020 and I linked it to an MDE I created for him. That trip is now never happening. But I am taking a trip with my ex next year and he really liked the MB. So I just changed all the details on the MDE and now my ex has a MB that’s ready to go!

5 Likes

:rofl: :joy: I didn’t even consider conversions doh :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

This conversation is tickling my memory about MBs.

My MB from Aug 2019 should still work, but maybe not for ride photos? Is this true? And if so what do I need to make the ride photos work? If I get a card will that work for photos?

My phone is on its last legs, and if it holds out for Disney, it’s not going to have a lot of battery life for all the MDE, extra charge packs and all.

Dd and I used bands from our July 2018 trip in October without any issues.

We each had a new band and an old band and swapped them out at different times. They all worked fine for everything we needed, including ride photos.

2 Likes

Just tap your bands for the ride photos. They work forever for anything you tap. I’m not sure if the cards work to pick them up automatically. Our brand new bands didn’t work for that on our last trip though.

1 Like

True. The long range battery may run out and can’t be replaced. Of course, there’s a chance it still works. You won’t know unless you try.

Unfortunately not. The card is only for the short range features (tapping into park etc).

ETA - My answer above is for the automatic photo detection. Rides where you can tap for a photo at the end of the ride can be obtained with either an old band or a card. Sorry :roll_eyes::laughing:

1 Like

Oh, of course!! I totally forgot that some rides have the tap at the end for photos. That will still work with a old band as it’s short range.
I was only thinking about the automatic ones :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

Wait til you arrive. The plain ones are like $10?

2 Likes

Damn you people and your endless talk of Magic Bands.

I’ve just ordered two from eBay.

This one for June:

And this one for December:

20 Likes

They’re so cute!!

4 Likes