Magic Bands — did you know this?

Which I would hesitate to do because if you buy one and it has been linked you’re sunk

3 Likes

I like them so I’ll probably buy ones if I can get a plain one.

Exactly, I would never risk it but I knew Matt had.

2 Likes

I did indeed. Quite a few times. Never had a problem. You look at the seller’s scores and reviews and make a judgement.

1 Like

Could you order them from somewhere and put your resort in as the shipping address?

1 Like

When we were there in Sept I only needed the magic band for the room. Everything else was through the watch and it was glorious. I’ve even started using the wallet in the watch locally when I check out at the store. I pretend I’m in Disney tapping a band to checkout.

5 Likes

Oh. The Apple Watch doesn’t do the room? I think the iPhone can?

2 Likes

Yes, MDE will have your room access. Or you could ask for a room key. They have special ones for the 50th. I’ve been able to collect them all now

15 Likes

I currently have two MBs that work with my current MDE. I’ll take one of those as a back-up but use my watch and phone. And maybe one of those cards in my wallet, just in case.

I may be done with MBs. (The all-new MBs are ugly. And, I suspect, gimmicky.)

1 Like

But I like keeping the magic bands as a souvenir, with the date inscribed on them. If we have to just buy one I don’t think we can do that. :pensive:

5 Likes

I used to look at them in that way. But now I’m all about pins.

MBs got expensive. And with FPP no longer being a thing they have less resonance for me. I know you need them to use LL but that’s a kind of negative experience.

This should be a good mix. The magic bands can still be used for tapping in. Your phone can be used for ride photos…. Or lack there of since I had to call for about half of my ride photos in September.

I have 3 from one trip and that’s it. Prior to that I kept the key to the world cards, which is what I’ll end up doing again I guess. So it’s not the end of the world. But I did hope to get more to add to my collection, even if I did have to pay for them.

I’ll just need to buy one for everyone and not have them personalised. They’re a lot handier than the cards.

1 Like

I might tour Universal style, i.e. with a lanyard.

2 Likes

Hmmm

1. I have to wear one at work, and I hate them. They swing around an annoy me.
  2. They also have a habit of coming undone.

Fair enough. I was fine with mine at UOR. Except the high cost of buying the lanyard at UOR.

1 Like

This I did not know. I will need a room key. And so will my sister. At each resort. We are low tech people. :wink::wink:

3 Likes

You wear a MagicBand at work!!!

2 Likes

LOL… just a heads up the checkin CMs will try to discourage you from getting one (3 resorts same tale). They nicely reminded us that we could use our MBs & MDE. To which I replied: My guys don’t have MDE or MBs, plus I want a backup if my MB or MDE fails :wink: Then my DH blows my cover story w/ “She’s collecting them” :upside_down_face: Honestly my guys don’t have an MDE account and DS is constantly losing his MB so I wasn’t lying either :wink:

10 Likes

:joy: this is so relatable!

7 Likes