Magic Bands...aren't they loverly?

Yes but you’d need a new band to do that, you can’t change the actual battery. And the first bands didn’t have a removable puck.

You can tap for most pics, not all.

1 Like

Love the bands!! :heart_eyes:

Ah, see. I didn’t know if anyone would get that! Congrats. You’re the winner of the day.

1 Like

Yeah. That was our thinking and why we decided to go ahead now. I’ll get another one when I activate my AP (which I’ll make sure to get so that the puck coordinates with this band) and then both my wife and I will get another one, each of us, for our December trip. So, even if our batteries die on these, we’ll be covered.

1 Like

How do you order the special ones and have it linked to your MDE? This is our first time and I’ve seen the fancy bands… but when I go to MDE to customize our bands, it only gives the regular colors.

1 Like

Well either that or you became illiterate overnight. :wink:

I am NOT belligerent! :wink:

1 Like

The onride videos are only driven by the long range effect. Also there are a few effects (like the farewell at Small World) that are driven by the long range… but most of the things you want to do will work short-range.

1 Like

The bands you get as part of your WDW resort stay only come in the “plain” colors you see in MDE. Additional Magic Bands area available to purchase online and in stores. Inside the packaging of a new Magic Band is a code which you enter into MDE. You then assign the Magic Band to someone, and that’s it. Note that a Magic Band can never be reassigned to someone else - once it’s yours (or someone else’s) that’s it. That’s one reason to be very cautious if buying then from sites like eBay. If the band has already been assigned to someone it is effectively worthless since it could never be used by anyone else to enter the parks, pay, use as a room key etc.

1 Like

When the special band arrives, you go into your MDE, to “My Bands and Cards” and do “Add Band or Card” and type in the 12 (16?) digit code on the back of the MB puck.

Oh yeah, I’d forgotten about that !!! That is so awesome. And there is also the EE queue that does that. :smiley:

1 Like

And the RnRC queue, I think there are others.

1 Like

Oh geez, I am clearly outclassed here.
I wonder if May will be too hot for long-sleeved shirts?

Oh crap I missed it in RnRC… :frowning:

1 Like

I ordered my DD5 the daisy one and I cannot wait to surprise her with it!

7 Likes

Most likely, yes. Highs in the upper 80s, although after dark it can start to get chillier. Maybe. Of course, when we were there in February, temps never dropped below 70 even into the evening.

Oh. Of course, if you are concerned about style and want to just hide embarrassing MagicBand choices, you can always go for the nostalgic look. I hear it is coming back. Or, at least scrunchies are. So sweatbands can’t be far behind. Right?

4 Likes

I don’t think it does it for everyone. Well it didn’t do it on this occasion for DH or DS.

7 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Nice !!! :smiley:

I guess it’s like EE; we went through it several times last trip and it seemed to randomly pick up some people in the line.

1 Like