Magic band+

Oh I never even thought about that. I’m glad my DH doesn’t want one bc he’s red/green color blind and purple looks like blue to him.

3 Likes

Saaame. The hilarious thing is that when we were first married, my DH was an amateur photographer and worked in a pro photo lab. He was literally their best color corrector. No one knew he was color blind for like a year and then they were like “How the hell do you color correct so well?!?!” :laughing:

4 Likes

That’s awesome!

2 Likes

We think he sounds like Kermit.

3 Likes

I’m excited to report that my MB+ has arrived (I’ve never had a problem with eBay Disney purchases) and I’ve successfully set it up ready for my trip. In four months. I may have acted prematurely. But it’s so cool :grin:

11 Likes

Apparently mine has shipped…but it is in the black hole that is York, PA - aka where my MDE-based Magic Band orders go MIA for multiple days.

It’s listed as “departed shipping partner en route to USPS” with that update being 5:32pm on MONDAY August 15. No movement since then. I’m honestly not holding out hope that it escapes in time to get here by Friday.

In my experience, York, PA is to MagicBands as dryers are to socks.

2 Likes

My DH’s is shipped (w/ tracking no.) , I just ordered his a few days ago, but mine that I ordered on 7/31 is still in process :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

I just got a shipping notification for the 2 I got the refund for. Today is the last day of my trip, so I will wait till my next trip to play with it.

1 Like

Just got my shipping notification that the bands I ordered for my 8/12 arrival have been shipped.

1 Like

My Magic Band + for my 8/9 trip arrived today. I’m less annoyed about this than I would be otherwise since I lost my MB+ at MNSSHP.

4 Likes

I ordered 4 on July 27. Still says “in progress”

1 Like

OK… Word of warning here!!

Take pictures of the unopened box before you tear into it when it does get to you!! Someone on the DisBoards just received theirs and thought the box felt lighter than it had with previous ones. Opened the box and NOTHING WAS IN THERE!

It’s been so long since I ordered one I’m not sure I’d recognize a weight difference, but I for sure will be taking pictures of my box prior to opening it!!

(Supposedly mine is out for delivery. There has already been one USPS truck parked outside to make deliveries, but it wasn’t with that one.)

7 Likes

Just here to say that based on all your recent descriptions, I really like your niece! LOL

1 Like

Nope. Mine still “in progress” from my onsite resort preorder, more than 3 weeks ago on 7/27. Leave for my trip in 11 days. Why in the world won’t Disney ship out the 7/27 resort preorders???

They are putting locks on the MB+ in the stores. People are stealing them from mail.

But they are around the same price as the previous magic bands. So, I’m confused.

And for the bands that ship, aren’t they already tied to a person?

1 Like

Yes

1 Like

People are dumb. I don’t know why anyone would steal something, let alone something that costs $35.

3 Likes

My guess is that the ones getting stolen are the limited edition ones, which can be resold soon for a much higher price. My questioning mind kinda thinks the ones stolen from the empty box were likely stolen before they left the packing facility, by someone who knew which bands were supposed to go in the box. At that point they may be able to re-assign the bands, since they never made it into a guest’s possession.

3 Likes

Wow. I don’t think anyone had gone the “stolen before put in the box” thought train. I think the assumption was they were just so busy the box got sealed before the bands got in it.

1 Like

If all of them were just regular MB+ then yeah, probably a mistake because there would be no benefit to outweigh the risk, but if there were LE ones in there then, well… I don’t trust people not to be shady, since we know that CMs are in on pretty much all of the other “LE items showing up on Ebay within an hour” BS, and also since we know that they know Disney will make it right for those people.