M&D's Scotland's Theme Park

Haha thank you! I actually keep meaning to go back through the thread and make sure I haven’t missed anything. I think I’ve read every guidebook cover to cover. No more TP updating for me!

My mom was actually looking for restaurants so I will send these to her. She already sent this one that looks like the kids will like. Is it touristy?

I meant to post that last night, must have forgotten to hit the button!

Afternoon tea would be great too though. Or the breakfast one. I can be flexible.

Do we think the breakfast one has scones? They are my favorite! But not mentioned on the menu.

Not sure. I could try calling and ask at the weekend, or even go in if I’m in the city centre.

1 Like

Just a random note. When we were in Edinburgh in July 2018 (and a few other places in Scotland), we had trouble getting into restaurants without a reservation. Not just popular restaurants, we had to try numerous randoms sometimes. We were a large group (10), but quite a few didn’t have any availability. The guide books and reviews I had read didn’t allude to that well. Maybe that’s just a given there? :sweat_smile: (In the US, that’s often only the case at popular places and/or is specified in reviews so we were caught off guard.). Finding places open for breakfast was also surprisingly challenging in Inverness, and even our hotel’s breakfast booked out.

2 Likes

Breakfast out isn’t a big thing over here.

3 Likes

I would always book something if I was planning to eat out.

There are a few places that I would chance if I’m in town, knowing I could always go to Pret or somewhere else. And just meeting for a coffee is fine. But otherwise I would definitely book.

2 Likes

But it’s the meal y’all do best!!! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

True. But the breakfast at the Dome that @Shmebulock posted would need to be booked ahead.

1 Like

Yes I’d book any meal ahead. I meant it’s not common for restaurants to be open for breakfast. People don’t usually go out for it.

3 Likes

Breakfast is far too early to be in public for :wink::rofl::rofl:

(I will make an exception for a liner meet though :smiley::+1:t2::laughing:).

2 Likes

I am honestly more than happy to meet for regular lunch or tea time! Whatever time is early enough for Nicky to still be hungry for her steak dinner!

We are staying in all airBnB’s with the exception of Arran so I’m not too worried about eating breakfast out. I was reading something about baked beans for breakfast being where Americans usually draw the line in the sand in regards to English breakfast but I think that my kids would be thrilled to do just that! Hopefully we’ll get some at our resort.

But are you suggesting that we should book ahead for even something like Howie’s? How far in advance? And @missoverexcited or @hodg if we want a Sunday supper in London, how far ahead do I need to book that? I’m thinking of doing it after the British Museum but haven’t found a specific location yet. That is the only real “must do” meal for me in London. I plan to do lots of Bayswater takeaway otherwise. I can taste the curry already. And Gourmet Pizza and Spaghetti House.

1 Like

And my trip has officially pulled into the weather forecast… (no idea why it says 10 days!) Seems about what I was expecting!! :rofl: :rofl: Never seems to rain on Outlander…

3 Likes

I would think a Sunday evening might not need to be booked more than a week in advance but I don’t have any experience of eating in London really, I’m only ever there for work and not since March 2020.

1 Like

Agree- unless you want somewhere really fancy I don’t think you need to book too far ahead. There’s always lots of options.
Are you looking for somewhere near where you’re staying?

Well my plan for Sunday is the British Museum because evidently some of the children’s programming/backpacks are only available on the weekends. So we could eat dinner up in that area or we could head back to Paddington/Bayswater if there is nothing up there.

You’re just above Covent Garden there so loads of options around that area. Probably is worth booking sonething as it does get busy.
Also only a few minutes further on puts you at the river with lots of restaurants- tho you’re there with the London eye etc I guess.

1 Like

Ok how about the Lamb & Flag or Salisbury? I wish we could do Rules!

Lamb & flag is usually just a sprawl of people drinking outside. Never seen it as somewhere you could eat but I guess you probably can.
Don’t know the Salisbury- sorry!

1 Like

Don’t know Rules either- guess we don’t go for traditional British in London!

1 Like