M&D's Scotland's Theme Park

The pubs I know are London Bridge/ Borough market area as that’s where I was at uni twice

1 Like

No worries! We will try the Lamb & Flag. Sounds like it gets good reviews for dining for families upstairs! Thank you for your location suggestion!

Yes, definitely.
I would book as soon as you know when you want to go.

This is DH’s English breakfast from this morning at local garden centre- baked beans. Normal!

5 Likes

I finally got through to someone on the phone.

Scones aren’t on the menu for breakfast, they usually don’t have them ready in the morning. We could ask and get some if they have a batch done.

Her suggestion was to do an early afternoon tea if scones are a favourite.

In Edinburgh, yes. And definitely for Howie’s! We always book ahead of we know where we want to go or are meeting friends for a meal. And we’re now into full tourist season. I went into town yesterday and the place was packed with groups of visitors.

A week would be fine unless it’s somewhere really sought after, like the Witchery.

The caveat is that there are lots of restaurants. You’d find somewhere to eat, but you might need to be flexible. If we go to the theatre and want to eat before we go, we’d just try a couple of places ordinarily.

But if you want to go to x, y or z restaurant then I would book. Most places will have online booking, but you can always ask me to book for you. I’ll PM you my email address and phone number, save you searching.

2 Likes

Somewhere like that, a pub with dining, you can always drop in and put your name down a couple of hours before.

We’re going to our local Italian. Pasta, pizza or maybe their ribs (they are really good).

Lunch or afternoon tea would be fine, but nearer 2pm than 5pm. Otherwise I really would be struggling to eat anything that evening. :joy:

1 Like

Should we do tea somewhere at 2pm? We actually just booked Howie’s for that evening so you and I will be in the same boat.

Have you been here before? We were thinking of doing that after the boat tour and Hopetoun House. But I can’t get a reservation for 7 people! 5 and 2, yes, but not 7. Do I do a WDW move? Or should I just call?

Arran question for you @Shmebulock! I just saw the Mogabout tours on Facebook. Do you think they would be good for my little boys? I think they would love the vehicle but not sure how the tours are geared.

1 Like

They look great!
I like the sound of the Arran Islands Coastal Tour.
Did you decide not to get a car on Arran?
If you’re not, then that looks like a really fun way to see the island. Lochranza is beautiful!
Not sure how kid friendly it would be in terms of who they pitch the commentary to, but I’m sure the journey, castle and wildlife spotting would be enjoyable for the boys :crossed_fingers:t2:

I emailed this company but have not heard back from them. I do think we probably need a car for some of the trip! I will email the Mogabout people and see what they say about ages. Thanks!

1 Like

I haven’t been to Scott’s. Menu looks good though, so does the location.

1 Like

They emailed me back and can squeeze us in at 5 if we only take 1.5 hours and I promised that we do not want long to eat! I’ll let you know how it is.

We leave in one week!!

3 Likes

A week??? Time flies, seems like no time since you started planning this.

Are you packed yet?

2 Likes

I haven’t started packing yet! I’m paralyzed by the weather. I am planning to do a first pass on Sunday and then see how much I need to remove…

3 Likes

how is it less than a week? though I think it is 2 weeks today that DS18 has to try to qualify for henley.
if youre watching the weather you will unpack and repack every day between now and when you leave - forecast constantly changes.

3 Likes

3 more days! But we don’t get to London for almost 3 weeks after we land in the UK.

Ok seriously now the weather is just messing with me! I saw a headline that London was about to experience a “heat wave” of 24 degrees Celsius! I just took two pairs of shorts out of my suitcase lol. Scotland looks like a blistering 12 degrees.

2 Likes

That’s as far as the bbc goes out for London- 20degrees isn’t really shorts weather. But two days after that who knows- Wimbledon starts on 27th & that can be 2 weeks of heat or 2 weeks of rain.

I’m currently heading into work in 3/4 jeans, tee shirt, denim jacket. Sweatshirt in evenings. Warm jacket if outside. Today was 17-20 degrees

1 Like

Accuweather long range seems to stay around same temperature. Maybe pack 1 pair of shorts!
My kids would be in shorts thru the day this weather.

1 Like