Lunar New Year at Disney California Adventure Park 2024

6 Likes

I will be there with my extended family on February 15th and 16th! DS and his aunt are born the year of the dragon. Any chance we’ll run into each other again? :smiley:

3 Likes

That would be really nice! We are going January 31st for a few days. But who knows when I’ll decide on a day trip. :blush::heart:

2 Likes

Eyeing the first weekend of February for a trip just to catch this festival! It’s one of my favorite things at DCA all year!

3 Likes

Loved Lunar New Year at DCA, but we will miss it this upcoming trip. I will be there for Food and Wine this time.

3 Likes

My daughter and I will be there January 31 - Feb 2! Maybe we’ll see you in the parks! If a crazy lady starts yelling “tink” at you, it’s probably me! :joy:

3 Likes

Wife and I will be there February 2nd/3rd. Then coming back with DD18 February 8 - 10.

4 Likes

Miss you again!!! :weary:

1 Like

Got my MK yesterday (good grief!) and made my reservations for the first weekend of February. Yay! Lots of new food was released yesterday around the parks, but no Lunar New Year festival booth info yet. I’d think we should see it any day now.

2 Likes

I cant wait to see the Year of the Dragon merch! :rofl::heart:

1 Like
2 Likes

Yay! I’d like to think we manifested this today!

2 Likes

I know! Bummer! I am constrained by DD21’s school schedule.

1 Like

Hoping for a next time for us!

1 Like

My hubby and I are meeting my sister and BIL Feb 4-7 to celebrate my 60th birthday. We are excited to be at DCA for the Lunar New Year. Do you have any tips or must dos for our time there? We are definitely planning on seeing World of Color (getting a virtual queue). I haven’t been to DLR since 2015 so am very excited!

1 Like

Definitely make time for the Lunar New Year processional. It’s easy to catch (runs several times a day at the back of the park near Goofy’s Sky School) and isn’t too long. Have a magical birthday trip!

3 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Disney does a wonderful job of celebrating the Lunar New Year! My daughter and I enjoy it every year. Definitely watch the processional. It isnt that long and is so beautiful! We stop by the Wishing wall to add messages of hope, health and happiness for our loved ones for the new year. Right next to the wishing wall will be the Chinese brush lettering and calligraphy. You can choose what you’d like written inked on beautiful red paper. There will be other crafts and activities for the kids to do. The food festival marketplace has some great items to drink and eat. It’s the year of the Dragon so I’m wondering if Mushu will be the main character meet. Oswald was so fun last year and Tigger the year before. There is also the new meet and greet with Raya that was offered. Hoping she will also be back this year. And usually after all the Lunar New Year stuff we’ll go over to Animation Academy and see who we can draw :blush:

1 Like

:heart:

2 Likes
3 Likes