Luca on Disney+

Sorry, minor deviation.

Soon you can switch to This is the Way. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Love Pulp Fiction

4 Likes

In the context of this thread, I find this comment hilarious.

6 Likes

I have not watched either Raya or this film yet. The only Pixar film that I really didn’t like was The Good Dinosaur. There is nothing about that film that I liked. Toy Story 4 is a movie that would have been better not made; the first 3make a perfect trilogy; 4 is irrelevant. Too hard to pick a favorite.

1 Like

I guess it could be a matter of tipping my hand on my taste in movies? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

I’ve got about 30 minutes left of Raya to watch. Started it last night. Couldn’t finish tonight because it was my turn to cook dinner. (Crab and corn chowder, grilled cheese sammitches, spinach salad with apples and bacon and balsamic vinaigrette, awwwwww, yiiihhhhhhhhhh!) I love spoilers, so thank you for the heads-up!!! :heart:

1 Like

Spoiler….? I didn’t say anything other than that I cried like a baby (that means nothing, I’m very emotional) :wink:

2 Likes

We watched this tonight! I thought it was a lot of fun, and adored the Italian setting.

I have a super soft spot for Monterosso and felt like it just had to be modeled after the Cinque Terre towns - the little train station at the end fit my memory dead on. My sister and I spent 8 weeks backpacking around Europe 20 years ago and it was one of my very favorite places.

But also. I just love Italy. World Showcase Italy gets the feels right, but just isn’t the same.

3 Likes

DH and I watched Luca last night. I alone watched Raya tonight. To me, Luca was…ok. The way he lived underwater and was so clueless about anything above reminded me of Ariel. I cringed at so much of what he went through, trying to learn the way of people from his less-than-correct friend and being bullied. When I watched Raya, I could tell right away that it was much more of my kind of movie! The main character was smart and capable, and ended up on an epic quest to save the world. The last part of the movie made my eyes tear up. For reference, my favorite Disney/Pixar movies are Cinderella, Toy Story 1, Monsters Inc, Up!, and The Incredibles.

2 Likes

Same here. And now it’s really ignited my desire to take the kids to Italy.

How risky would it be to rent Vespa’s, @Jeff_AZ? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I recommend not launching off of ramps to increase your odds of survival. :joy:

3 Likes

Pbtttthhht

SILENZIO BRUNO!

Ride the ramp.

4 Likes

Disney put out the recipe for the pasta from Luca: I Made The Pasta From Disney's "Luca" In Real Life — Here's The Recipe

We had it tonight and it was DELICIOUS! Plus my kids, who hate everything new, gobbled it up because it was from Luca.

6 Likes

BUT!
Did you eat it with your hands and shovel it down the gullet?

4 Likes

Going to have to try this at home! Looks like we’ll be rewatching Luca soon!

I did not personally but that may explain why the five year old insisted on eating it with his hands…now if I could only find a movie to explain why he insists on eating everything else with his hands.

3 Likes

Although I have never made this exact dish (with potatoes and green beans) I have made fresh pesto quite a few times and it is almost exactly the same as I make it. If you can’t find actual Trenette, fettuccini is probably the closest “standard” supermarket pasta to it (it’s actually half way between linguini and fettuccini, but I prefer a wider pasta for pesto dishes).

1 Like

I finally watched Luca last night with my niece and my grand nieces and nephews. I really liked it. Parts of the plot felt so familiar but that doesn’t usually bother me. I fell in love with the characters. Giulia’s father and his cat especially! The friendships. The family. It really warmed my heart. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Machiavelli!! Love him!

4 Likes

I watched it last night night too and concur with your opinion. Not as good as Raya or Soul but very good still.

But I’m pretty sure red headed Italians (at least of the natural variety) are rare. This bothered me lol. Maybe her mother was Scottish or Irish?

3 Likes