Luca on Disney+

Great movie. Our kids love it. The large gift shop near the Tree of Life is selling Luca items. They even have the build it yourself Vespa.

5 Likes

Does it fall apart when you ride it?!

3 Likes

My kids decided to quote “Estupido” back and forth to each other after watching Luca.
I would much prefer silencio Bruno!

3 Likes

Luca is really cute, we really liked it! The girls have watched it a couple of times already.

2 Likes

Yes!! This!
Up: the beginning that shows Ellie and Carl
Inside out: when Bing Bong is trying to fly his wagon

I was sobbing uncontrollably. My kids were too young to understand why. They were like “Mom, are you ok?”

Inside out is the best animated movie of all times IMO. So clever!

7 Likes

Toy Story 2 when Jessie is abandoned and they are playing the song “when she loved me”…OMG.

Finding Nemo when we loose Nemo’s mother Coral and Marlin says “It’s OK. Daddy’s here. Daddy’s got you. I promise, I will never let anything happen to you …”

6 Likes

We watched. DD5 and DS2 giggled SO much. Agree that it’s far more lighthearted than most but the ending scene at the train station still had DH and I tearing up a bit. He and I loved it mostly because it is so very much like Monterosso, which is where we started our honeymoon. It wouldn’t rank in my top five… that’s some combination of Coco, Inside Out, Up, Toy Story 3, and Monsters, Inc…(ranking depends on the day). I think Onward makes my top 10. Totally underrated for the most part.

4 Likes

What about the end of Raya….? I was an 8 on a 0-10 sobbing scale.

3 Likes

Yes, definitely. Finding Nemo is a classic. I think it is from that point on we started seeing animated films with a more substantial message, one that would appeal to the parents as well.

3 Likes

It’s hard for me to predict after just one viewing, but if I had to commit right now, I’d say Luca will end up in my top 5 from Pixar. The others would be Coco, Inside Out, Toy Story 2, and Soul.

4 Likes

Sorry to go off topic, but this conversation just reignited my passion for Inside Out…. especially Sadness
Here is proof

7 Likes

What? I haven’t seen it yet, but better than Nemo, Monsters Inc, Cars, Wall-E, UP, the other Toy Story’s, Incredibles, Ratatouille? That’s big praise. We’ll see if there’s some recency bias or if it’s legit that good. Another thing to watch added to my list.

3 Likes

I always forget Soul, don’t know why. I love it as well!!!

1 Like

It’s probably a little recency bias and also personal preference. I like all the ones you listed as well, but I also have issues with them. For example, I really love the first 20 minutes of Up!, but then I get bored. Luca was just solidly enjoyable the whole way through, but didn’t have anything groundbreaking or breathtaking.

2 Likes

I only got around to watching these over lockdown and I loved them. :+1:

2 Likes

Oh, I forgot about Ratatouille. I have an extreme phobia of r@#£s and m@$e, so while I loved the story I can’t watch it because of two scenes.

1 Like

Rats and mice you say?

4 Likes

2 Likes

…you’re on a website for a destination that’s central character is a mouse

It’s even his name :rofl:

8 Likes

Sigh…

3 Likes