Loungefly Fanny Packs?

So, for my upcoming solo trip, I’m considering a fanny pack. I don’t want to carry a backpack I really want to be as hands free as possible. I’m not loving the idea of a fanny pack, I still have flashbacks to the 80’s when they first started, :rofl: so I’m thinking of a loungefly one to at least make it less hideous.
Does anyone use them in the parks? Are they decent? All I’m going to be carrying is a portable charger, my phone, a small pillbox, maybe a band aid and a small amount of cash. Oh and my ID/credit card.

2 Likes

I don’t know about loungefly cause I’m cheap. But I just bought a sling shoulder pack and while researching I saw a lot of styles that were a suitable replacement for a fanny pack as far as being small and tight across the body, but more modern than the fanny pack style.

2 Likes

I’m in the same state of mind as you. I’m envisioning some neon yellow and bike shorts (though I guess those are back also!) along with the fanny pack. However, I did buy a cute Juju Be fanny pack for our September trip and I actually love it! It’s a different shape than what I remember and super handy. I’m no help with the Loungefly aspect of your question but I say go for it in general. And you can always wear it across your body now too. My sister has done that for a year-ish now.

1 Like

Yeah, I struggle with sling bags and backpacks bc of a medical condition. I can’t usually have any weight on my shoulders/neck for any extended time. My purse at home is a hand carry for that reason. At the parks I usually have a parent organizer on DS’s wheelchair so I don’t have to carry.

1 Like

I’m not set on loungefly per SE, they just make cute Disney themed bags so I thought it was a good place to start.
And I’ll be there in September too!
I’ll have to look up juju be.

2 Likes

I’m a fanny pack person myself. Backpacks hurt my shoulders. I bought a cheap Fanny pack off Amazon and while it was ok, it was a bit small and the strap was so incredibly long. I did use it on my 2019 trip but wouldn’t use it again. I decided to spend more and got the Luka belt bag from CALPAK, a luggage company and I really like it! Hidden pockets, soft, comfortable. It’s plain looking though. That’s the only downside.

3 Likes

If you don’t go with Loungefly you could get a plain one and bling it up with Disney pins!

2 Likes

I have a waterfly. I think it is the slim model?

My sister made fun of me for buying it and then admitted it worked great.

2 Likes

I am so happy they are so back in style. I bought one for my 2019 WDW trip.

1 Like

Vera Bradley has lanyards with mini wallets that I use when I want to travel ultralight. No I’m not driving. In urgent care parking lot BC DH decided to go ladder climbing while I was MKing. :woman_facepalming:

4 Likes

The travel brand Travelon makes a couple superlightweight models that I regularly see at places like TJ Maxx for a discount. Baggalini is a popular brand too and I know they have some options. My favorite though is an Aocina brand bag I bought off Amazon that has a long and convertible strap so you can carry it a few different ways.

Oh dear! You should have brought him to MK instead. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Yes… when I told him about your DD college maj. he said, “Man I would have loved to have had a conversation w/ her.” :wink:

1 Like

Next time!

1 Like

for sure!

I don’t have a loungefly one, but I looooovvvveee using a fanny pack. I wouldn’t have thought I would, but many years ago a friend gave me a beautiful embroidered one with a Van Gogh painting on it. That became my main purse for at least 8 yrs. I had little kids at the time and being hands free with my purse was a huge lifesaver. It’s so freeing to know that it’s truly attached to you and not going to slip down off your shoulder. There are a lot of pretty ones out there.

1 Like

My son carries a fanny pack over his shoulder instead of his waist.

1 Like

He should try a sling bag! They are designed better for that purpose.

Btw, the main reason I don’t like bags in general is because they make me sweat (and ache). I wore a fanny pack as a kid on vacations but nowadays I think that’s about the worst place to be sweating. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy:

2 Likes

He does have a sling bag that he uses when we go to the parks but if we are going other places he needs to carry more than his wallet he throws the fanny pack over his shoulder.

1 Like

I just looked it up - the one I got is called the 2-in-1 belt bag. They have a more traditional fanny pack also but the 2-in-1 one is lower profile. Some super cute Harry Potter prints… but that doesn’t help with Disney theming :slight_smile: