Looking for opinions for breakfast choices

If you are on the dining plan, great use of QS at BoG! Great point @DIRTMomma

Probably not going to do the dining plan, have gone back and forth on this. The TS dining that we would choose includes The Plaza, LTT at lunch, Biergarten, Tusker House, The Wave, only 2 being a good use of a dining credit. Even the QS we prefer aren’t a good use of the DDP. At best, the way that I have run the numbers, we might break even paying for the dining plan. Not sure it is worth it .

1 Like

Biggest consideration for us was going during an Epcot festival because of the food booths and character meals that you already want to do. We mapped out where we would eat and what everyone would likely order then decided.

Also matters if you want alcohol with meals. That ups the price.

2 Likes

I have worked out cost with the standard DDP and with the QS DDP, and with what we would choose to eat if we weren’t trying to get the value from DDP. I think that we come out ahead by not getting the plan and that is with eating 3 meals most days. I found myself thinking about getting my money’s worth by having alcohol when I would normally have free ice water.

1 Like

Decided on a 9:55 a.m. at Tusker House and a 7:55 a.m. at The Plaza. Going to do a 10:15 a.m. at The Wave as a break from MK on an EMH morning. The rest of our breakfasts will be at Sassagoula Floatworks.

3 Likes

Have you considered what you will do if MK adds EMH on the day of your Plaza ADR?
I love Tusker House!!

If hours change or EMH gets added, i will cancel The Plaza. Right now, that day, a Tuesday, is EMH p.m. at Epcot, on a MNSSHP party date. There are already EMH times for MK on Wednesday and Friday a.m., so I think that I probably just have to watch out for a change in opening time.

So were you still able to bypass the checkpoint to go to the hotel?

Cause if so, That’s changed since December. The security guard I dealt with in December was incredibly rude when I tired to go straight to the contemporary from the buses.

I was forced into the MK security check and then allowed to go to the contemporary.

I mention it is because all of the Sept EMM have been cancelled so they could be replaced with AM EMH - these were originally scheduled for Sun and Tues.

Ah! Thank you for reminding me to report back on this! I took these photos from INSIDE the secure zone:

So it would seem that either I was traveling solo and bagless and wouldn’t have had a security line to speak of, making it not at all memorable to me. Or that I was already somehow inside the secure zone.

Either way it seems you DO need to clear security before going to the Contemporary pathway.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice. I will be checking frequently because I can’t help myself.
For The Wave, we will be in the park first, so should only need to get through security on the return to the park. With every morning of our trip being a.m. EMH except for 2 days, not much opportunity for PPO for breakfast.

1 Like

We stayed at POFQ with our 1 year old a couple of years ago. I would honestly think about skipping Sassagoula and just doing cereal/bananas/granola bars in the room or while waiting for the park to open. I have a 3 year old now and honestly I would probably wither away and die while waiting for him to eat at a food court not to mention the PITA factor of just getting them to/from, ordering, etc!

Ha ha. My granddaughters will be 3.5 years old and 14 months old. We are planning on having some food delivered, especially fruit. Will probably pack oatmeal. The 3 year old loves to eat in restaurants because she doesn’t get to do it often. The now 7 month old is an unknown on table food at this point. Like most of the trip, I will have a plan, but it could all go to h… in a handbasket.

1 Like

Update. Have changed The Plaza to mid morning instead of PPO. My trip is within the dates that Disney just added the every day EMH to MK, AK, and HS. My 7:55 breakfast was no longer PPO. I spent the day happily changing all of my touring plans.

4 Likes

I spent the day changing plans, too! It was kind of fun!

1 Like

I’d choose BOG for PPO as then you can line up for Mine Train. When I did PPO breakfast at The Plaza recently we couldn’t get through to Mine Train until the park opened.

My thoughts exactly. Food was meh. Kids hated it. They didn’t even like the castle because even ballroom was too dark. It was great for getting in the park early because we were done by 8:45 but I wouldn’t do it again just for that.