Long Time Lurker Attempts a Trip Report

What time was your reservation for?

We’re ubering from BVP to Dolphin so we will carry our bags with us (just one carry on and one backpack each). On the day we switch over to Margaritaville, I’m actually picking up a car from the car care center, so we will carry our bags for that transfer also. I assume they let you bring luggage on the shuttle that takes you to the car care center? Or I was going to see if there’s a place at the Dolphin they let you park for pick ups/drop offs without having to pay the parking fee. If so, I would take the shuttle to go get the car, then drive over and pick up DD and the bags and head over to Margaritaville.

8 Likes

I want to say around 10:30, or the latest they let you book for breakfast. But we probably showed up 15 to 20 minutes before that and got seated right on time.

4 Likes

My reservation for this trip is for 10:25, so we’ll see how it works out. I do plan to arrive by around 10 just in case we can get in a bit earlier.

3 Likes

I was thinking that would be too late. That they would start picking up the breakfast food by then. Is that not your experience?

2 Likes

Breakfast is also slightly cheaper so I’m hoping to book breakfast character meals. Going with GDS2 and that’s the only character interaction planned. Dont think he’ll be up for traditional meet and greets.

4 Likes

I don’t recall not having enough breakfast foods last time. I think they left everything out until 11 and started slowly blending in lunch stuff just before 11, and took the breakfast stuff away right after 11. It was definitely enough time to get 1 plate of breakfast food, but we were primarily trying to get the lunch food anyway (without paying the higher lunch price!)

6 Likes

Oh! That’s good to know. I would actually like to schedule closer to 10:20-10:25 ish. @LTinNC82 is this your experience as well? I’ve seen you mentioned this for Crystal Palace. This is the other character breakfast we are trying to Break-unch it.

3 Likes

The last time we did it was probably 2018 or 2019 though, so things may very well have changed since then.

4 Likes

At CP last December I think I had a 10:20ish reservation, but they were so far behind when we finally got seated that they only had 1 side of the buffet open with breakfast foods and there was a really long line. They weren’t actively replenishing it anymor either so it was like the gross bits leftover by the time we got through.

If you mostly want lunch at the breakfast price I’d gamble with that latest breakfast time, but if you really want breakfast I’d book closer to 10 and eat slowly.

6 Likes

I want both, lol. So thinking 10:05-10:10 is still probably the best bet. DGS probably won’t sit long enough for lunch and all my plans will be foiled anyway :smile:

3 Likes

Great itinerary! Looking forward to following along!

3 Likes

Have a terrific trip!

One of you has to try the grilled chese and tomato soup! It is sooo good. I think it is @StinsyLinson who loves it as much as I do.

Haha- I see that was already covered!

4 Likes

Perfect way to start off.

20 Likes

Welcome, former lurker! I’m looking forward to your trip, but no pressure.

11 Likes

Will be following along!

4 Likes

On Mears shuttle. Waited just 5 minutes after checking in, got into a 10 passenger van. It’s just us and a family going to CSR. They paid for express so I assume we will go there first, but we should be the 2nd stop, so not too bad.

14 Likes

Current situation.

DD was tired from the travels so she decided to go back to the room to rest after lunch while I chill at the pool for a bit. One little drinky, a couple of spins around the lazy river, and then will go up to the room and start getting ready for dinner and evening at DS.

18 Likes

Your current situation is lovely.

4 Likes

20 Likes