Locals chime in, WDW/USO ...continuous thread

One of the downsides to rope drop!

2 Likes

Ah well, at least we don’t have to walk through the dewy wet grass!

2 Likes

Fascinating! I just checked and our dew point in Tacoma today is 57. Which definitely feels sticky to us. We typically do not have humid weather in the summer but it’s cloudy and warm today with no rain.

3 Likes

6 Likes

Congratulations on the win over your rivals! Big soccer fans in our family. Our DD15’s soccer season kicks off Two-day day practices tonight with midnight practice & another practice at 5pm. They will be going for a 3-peat state champion title this year. Work tomorrow is going to be brutal.

2 Likes

Wow! Nice!

1 Like

Pool party in the park on Thursday

I wasn’t there but saw this in the paper: Water park? Disney guests swim in flooded Magic Kingdom streets (clickorlando.com)

6 Likes

:scream::scream::scream:

4 Likes

My son was curious - how does that much standing water affect the utilidors? Do they wind up with water seeping in?

2 Likes

no clue

Anyone else find this to be gross???

3 Likes

It’s gross. And I love the parents (I’m guessing) just sitting on the bench and watching.:joy:

2 Likes

When we rode Gran Fiesta, there was a little boy in front of us sitting on his dad’s lap (I’m guessing he was around 4 or 5). He kept sticking is fingers in the water & then straight into his mouth. I kept waiting on them to go between the boat & metal track. :flushed:

This is giving me flashbacks to IASW at DL with my grandnephews when they were that age! We basically made them sit in the middle so they couldn’t stick their hands in the water. Ick. But also I recently have seen adults swimming in our local lake that is filled with water fowl and their poop. I would take this water (in the picture above) over that water in a heart beat.

3 Likes

Yikes to all of it… some parents don’t think :nauseated_face:

1 Like

My cousin used to work there and she said they didn’t get flooding down there. I think they have pumps and drainage pipes that keep the water from coming in the tunnels. The issue on the streets above is with pooling that occurs in a downpour, not so much true flooding from below.

2 Likes

Finally got a coveted Homecoming Brunch ADR for this Sunday! :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face: Can’t wait!!!

10 Likes

We booked a last minute res at POP for an end of summer fun day for the kids before school starts. Went to EP for F&W and to see the fireworks for the first time in 2 YEARS! The forecast said rain but we took our chances and no rain. STILL waiting on annual passes to do more but it was sooo fun to do a “last minute” Disney experience.

2 Likes

I’m so glad you got that time before school starts again! Do you have an AP? If so, Did you get the email to register for a squeak peek? I got one. :tada: Wish I had an AP for DH. They say we’ll hear something this month about new APs

I do not have an AP and I am eagerly waiting for the announcement! Paying for individual tickets even with the Fl resident promos is getting old.

1 Like