Locals chime in, WDW/USO ...continuous thread

I really want to go to WDW today. Have pk res for HS but this……

2 Likes

Yuck. Go swimming instead. Visit this evening after the storms go thru.

2 Likes

GREAT idea!

I like this idea! I’m about 35 minutes from the parks. Been an AP off and on for years. My husband and I bought passes less than two weeks before the closure. :expressionless: We were finally able to buy new ones about two months ago.

I love being in the parks and go as often as I can. I used to take solo trips every time I had a few hours. Lately we’ve been going a couple times a month, but I’m working up the courage to start taking my 2-year-old by myself. It’s more daunting than I anticipated, lol.

I’ve never stayed in a true Disney resort, but I’ve stayed at Bonnet Creek a few times and recently stayed at the Waldorf for my daughter’s birthday. Those have all been amazing experiences. We’re considering an on-site stay next year, but I’m not so sure it would be worth it for the price point.

We’re headed to Epcot this week, I’ll try and grab some pictures!

4 Likes

Oh, you’re half the distance than I am. Yes, a 2 yr old by yourself can be challenging. She’s SO cute there! :heart_eyes: Our DVC home is Aulani since we live so close to the world; that was the compromise w/ DH. Can’t wait to see your upcoming pictures!

Funny meteorologist

4 Likes

Is there ever a day when this would not be the headline? :rofl:

2 Likes

Well you would think :thinking: but there are actually a few months of the year that are very nice (low humidity)

1 Like

Yeah, it was brutal here today too…

Thank goodness soccer was at 8am.

5-3 against our cross town rivals. DS17 got 2 goals, an assist, and the opponent’s goalie got red carded for blocking another goal of his outside the box with his hands. :smiley:

Then we hid in the AC the rest of the day.

4 Likes

Umm is it bizarre that we look forward to the lower humidity levels in Florida?

Our humidity right now is 97%. No, it’s not raining. :sob:

5 Likes

Yay for the win and AC!

1 Like

Relief from humidity is welcome. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I don’t know if this is true but my DB once said that Dew Point compared to Temperature is actually what makes you feel bad. Like how close those are is more important than the humidity percentage for how muggy it feels? Can anyone confirm or deny?

3 Likes

IDK but we lived in NM for years and I’d rather be in 100 degrees there than the 97 it was today here in FL.

1 Like

I have heard that as well. I think humidity is a feel where dew point is like how much water is in the air or something.

3 Likes

Nice, my brother does not lie!

1 Like

:joy:

Personally I don’t care what you call it, it’s HOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTT!

5 Likes

Yeah, I live in Austin, TX. It’s unbearable outside most of the day.

2 Likes

Exactly. I always pay attention to the dew point because the humidity is relative.

If the temp is 70 and the dew point is 68, the humidity % is very close to 100%. That’s why mornings in FL can feel worse than evenings. The humidity level drops as the temp rises. But when the dew point is 70’s, it feels nasty pretty much all the time.

1 Like

Hahaha relative humidity

3 Likes