Locals chime in, WDW/USO ...continuous thread

I agree!!! And expensive too! It’s what we’ve been doing for DH, DS too.

8 Likes

Yay!! It’s brunch time!:yum:

1 Like

I’m SO hungry!

2 Likes

What did you order?

1 Like

Oh, the donuts with bacon and caramel are only available at brunch. Get them.

1 Like

DH ordered off lunch menu. Hummingbird cake to go

8 Likes

Yummy. It’s all so good.

1 Like

Yay! I missed that you finally got that coveted brunch reservation.

Did DH get a burger? Or chicken sandwich? I can’t tell what that is.

3 Likes

That all looks so good!

2 Likes

DH got the chicken sandwich off the lunch menu. They were serving both b/lunch at our ADR time.

2 Likes

OK… review time:
DH immediately said my Deviled Eggs were better :rofl::rofl::rofl: Told Ayesha our server too (she was GREAT!). She brought out extra sauces for DH and gravy for my biscuits. I ate half of what was on my plate, but since DS decided not to join us it was all boxed up for him. My DH liked the chicken sandwich. I liked the chicken too but I think I like Olivia’s chicken better. Although, Homecomin’s biscuits beat out Olivia’s easily! DH said Hummingbird cake is by far the best cake he’s had at Disney.

Funny Story:
After b/lunch we had to go to OKW. As I waited for DH at crosswalk to pick me up an SUV stopped and the passenger window came down.
SUV Woman: “Are you the one that stole a butter knife?”
Me: (bust out laughing) “Yes, that’s me!”
SUV Woman: “It’s all over, everyone knows about it. Everyone’s talking”
Both: (laughing) :laughing::laughing::laughing:

DH picks me up and asks about what they said to me. He started laughing… He had talked to them in the parking lot while I was inside and told them how I had put the butter knife in the cake box and taken it home with us. And that I made him drive me back to return it. The SUV Woman, looking sheepish, related a similar story about a wash cloth that her DH had to drive her back to return as well. :laughing::laughing::laughing: “The things you husband’s have to put up with!” :rofl:

I had no idea how I was going to get into OKW w/o a reservation. We just told the guard the truth. He chuckled, 'Well you don’t see this everyday" I put the (cleaned) knife in a ziplock w/ the Villa number on it and handed it to a CM at check-in.

11 Likes

I need your recipe. Seriously.

3 Likes

Damn I’m one of those cooks that wings it every time and I don’t measure, unless I’m baking. :shushing_face: In the yoke mixture I use Mayo , mustard, garlic salt, sometimes I add dill pickle relish b/c DH likes that. And then sprinkle paprika on top. It’s pretty basic. Nothing special. Art Smiths had a vinegar taste to it and I bet that’s what turned off my DH. I thought they were good. Not good enough for me to change anything but adding the ornamental bacon :bacon::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

My DH: “It never occurred to me that you could DO so much to a deviled egg!” :laughing:

It was impressive in a “wow, they take their deviled eggs seriously” sort of way, but he didn’t see it as being worth the extra effort.

2 Likes

But what kind of mayo?

1 Like

Real Mayonnaise. I usually buy Hellman’s

3 Likes

I can’t find my picture (so to the internet I go…) But I did this once :wink:

4 Likes

Carrot(?) and ???

1 Like

black olive bits for eyes

1 Like