Locals chime in, WDW/USO ...continuous thread

You really have lived a sheltered life, haven’t you? :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I have gotten a total of 2 tickets in my 20+ years of driving and have been pulled over maybe 2-3 additional times. My heart has never raced faster than those times. I don’t like to be in trouble. Same feeling when being pulled into the principal / boss’s office.

4 Likes

I’m with you here! There is nothing more frightening than red flashing lights behind you when you’ve done nothing wrong. I’ve been pulled over a few times, can’t remember how many. One ticket in a half century of driving, I deserved it, I was speeding. Once got a warning ticket for a busted taillight (jeez) and once pulled over for being in my MN winter beater in a nice neighborhood :face_with_raised_eyebrow: Oh ya’ there was that time my sister was 3 sheets to the wind and I was her designated driver… that was fun; NOT!

3 Likes

Do you like Sapphire Falls? Is the pool really gigantic in person?

2 Likes

We did like it, the resort is comfortable but a bit confusing b/c it’s so big. I thought the pool was big and looked very inviting. I didn’t take any other pool pics but we walked through the pool area and it was comparable to Caribbean Bch resort pool area… probably bigger than that pool area. Our room was bigger than a WDW value room size, but it felt smaller than a moderate like smaller than a Coronado Spring’s room. We would stay here again!

ETA: they have the BEST gelato!!! OMG! and their QS area was nicely done even if small.

6 Likes

Are you still there currently? Had a question about pool bathrooms/changing area.

3 Likes

no we are back home… sorry… We just stayed one night for HHN. We only live 50 mi. away but didn’t want to drive back home so late. I did see the fitness area off the pool. It was a fairly large area w/ a lot of equipment. I wonder if the changing rooms were near there?

3 Likes

So my question was, with the pool hopping option, do they have proper facilities to take a mid day pool brake there? Changing into swimsuits and then back out. I’m an onsite newbie so don’t know what’s standard.

3 Likes

We walked by the pool on four different occasions, and it was never crowded. There were ppl swimming and lounging. I think I saw 4 lifeguards patrolling too.

2 Likes

I can’t answer definitively BUT if they have a pool hopping option then they have a way for ppl to change etc. worst case scenario is to grab the handicap stall and do a quick change there. I had to do that once at the Poly’s quiet pool while waiting for my room.

3 Likes

Thanks for your insight!

1 Like

Waiting for my ride

8 Likes

9 Likes

10 Likes

Hoarding must be a WDW thing

7 Likes

Yes that was my bag; AP 30% off is on!!

4 Likes

Here’s a peek. The CM was Sooooo enabling but I saw what I really really wanted.

9 Likes

Someone finally noticed my earrings. I need the snorkeling :diving_mask: gear for the up coming rain :cloud_with_rain::rofl:

7 Likes

I have found the nicest little quiet spot

9 Likes

God I have this anxiety dream at least once a month it feels like and it’s the worst :joy:

4 Likes