Locals chime in, WDW/USO ...continuous thread

This was fun to order, “May I have a burnt offering, please”

The pork was good and the top of the Mac n cheese but the stuff at the bottom of the bowl was soupy :persevere: And cost for potion was out of line.

8 Likes

And it looks nothing like the pics you showed earlier.

4 Likes

I love spooky stuff, but I get grossed out fairly easily with words for some reason. The names they come up with for this food :rofl: :nauseated_face:

4 Likes

At Strong Water Tavern for late supper…. I’ve asked for water 3x. Our table is still empty

7 Likes

This show made the whole night ! We also preferred the scare zones over the houses

This show is rated R and they warn the audience

7 Likes

They only have appetizers so we shared. Beef sliders, jerk chicken, beef empanadas, chicken tenders

9 Likes

9 Likes

I do not understand these two sentences together. Either one is true or the other is.

6 Likes

:rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Totally agree

5 Likes

The houses are NOT scary. What’s difficult about that? All they do is jump out from corners to scare ppl; that’s NOT scary but annoying and I wasn’t scared once. I made eye contact with all of them first and they stayed in their hidy holes. I live with boys that do that shit all the time and I’m not afraid to live in my house.

5 Likes

Since I can only load 2 pics at a time on my phone I’ll wait til I’m home to share more. But the hotel gift shop is better than any Disney resort shop; they had so many great things found in the parks and more.

9 Likes

For me an actually scary haunted house would be:
1st room-IRS agent telling me I’m being audited
2nd room-Doctor gives me test results
3rd room-have to watch people I love be in pain

You get the idea :wink: there isn’t any pretend thing that is even near as scary as real life!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

Oh you nailed it on what’s really scary :anguished::nerd_face:

8 Likes

7 Likes

7 Likes

Already spotted a few pins to purchase in November!

3 Likes

For me, it would be

• Bank tells me my account is overdrawn
  • Cop gives me a speeding ticket
  • Math professor tells me the final is tonight and I haven’t been coming to class all semester

But also, yes, people jumping out at me is enough to require me to bring an extra pair of underwear. :rofl:

6 Likes

When you walk out of the Halloween Tribute store there is this wall…and there is still availability :wink:

It wasn’t that crowded before sunset but the crowds grew after dark. Getting in early was key. We bought a Scream Early ticket but didn’t need it. I had called UO to ask about it too but they were unhelpful. We got in on an UOAP night (premiere AP are allowed one HHNight). We we scanned into the Stay and Scream holding area, w/ our AP, about 4pm the TM told us to ask GS for a refund. We stopped at GS when leaving and they refunded the money w/o issue; they did ask if they had been scanned (no). Anyone in the park, w/ a valid HHN ticket, can enter a Stay and Scream area from 3-5. They force all day guests out at 4pm to transform the park for HHN. Official HHN start is 6:30 but if you are in the S&S area they let guests out about 5:30 to enter Houses. We ate at Richter’s which was directly across from the Blum House. Then we walked to Dead Man’s Peir Winters Wake. DS got out of line there b/c he wasn’t impressed by the first house and didn’t want to wait the est. 45 min. wait. We were in line and out the back door in 30 min. Wait times grew from there, one house was 75 min. (we didn’t get in that line). We then went to Halloween Nightmare Fuel Wildfire show. That show made the night and we chided DS that he could have been in front row w/ his handicapped parents to see in your face twerking :laughing: @sanstitre_has_left_the_building the star Nightmare woman was that same woman/contortionist we watched at EC FoARTS… although she had on way more clothes at Disney.

We enjoyed the Scream Zones more than the Houses. I couldn’t get any good pictures to share in the dark, especially since the TM-scarers were constantly on the move. The chain saw zone was hilarious w/ all the saws revving up and chasing ppl. The food at HHN was disappointing for both cost per serving and the long lines prevented us from trying much. We only walked just under 13,000 steps; it’s all walking. Oh, the rides were short walkon but we weren’t there for them. And they sold out on the EP but told us they would sell more EP at midnight.

shopping haul… not much

I got that shirt for DH (he laughed so hard and said he’d never wear it but DS said “I will!”). The octopus mug is a resort refillable. They do it differently than WDW and I like it. I paid $9.99 for one day but you can buy two days for 15.99 or length of stay for $18.99. Disney’s are one flat price no matter your length of stay.

7 Likes

Wanted to add: some of the regular rides close early, but the park is open until 2 AM for HHN. We looked at both OI and TP for touring plans and both had us zigzagging the park; NOPE! We walk in a circle ppl. one way, no back tracking.

3 Likes