Live Trip Report: HMB & Keith718 are back!

I was but it didn’t help!

2 Likes

:confused: I guess I do see it, but it doesn’t look very Mickey-y to me. I would have never thought it was a hm.

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

I think it’s clever and arty. But now I’m worried about taking a rorshatch test @DreamfindersGhost :thinking:

3 Likes

:laughing:

2 Likes

Do you see these?

4 Likes

Maybe a bit on the top one.

1 Like

I saw the top one on my park map one day and gasped. I went to see if it was visible on google maps, satellite view and it’s harder to see there due to all the greens. But I did some research and found out that it was planned. Here’s the solar farm:

6 Likes

I know about the solar farm!

2 Likes

I was so delighted when I found a hidden Mickey on Google earth. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ok ok wait let me win back your love and admiration—how about… this!

Eh? Eh? AND we said hello to the sacred spaces:

(the running Jafar joke was too hard to pass up…)

14 Likes

I can be won over cheaply. You are forgiven.

Said hello…

Did you visit?

6 Likes

We didn’t have a chance to :sob: but we will definitely make time for it when we’re back in October. I love it there so much. Also, because we’ve taken up cocktail making over quarantine, I will like so many more of the drinks there.

4 Likes

Doesn’t it warm your heart that everyone here thinks of YOU when they see that tree?

5 Likes

Will you be bring your fiance in October

I meant to remark about your bartending hobby that developed in quarantine! I’ve always enjoyed a good cocktail. But I, too, took to expanding my abilities during the pandemic. A girl needs a fancy drink from time to time and when you can’t go out you take matters into your own hands. It’s a liquored-up version of the story of The Princess Who Saved Herself :wink:

4 Likes

You have no idea. It REALLY really does. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’m so lucky to be part of this beautiful group of people :heart:

7 Likes

I hope you and @Keith718 enjoy the rest of your time there. Sorry we didn’t bump into you again since you did such a fine job of choosing your parks the last 3 days. We are sitting in the Amirals Club watching another thunderstorm, hoping we get out in time.

5 Likes

Like this 100x

3 Likes

Catching up! I guess I have fallen down on the “live” part of my trip reporting. I don’t know if it’s the heat, humidity, or the very long lines, but I have been zapped at the end of the days. But! Here’s a little recap of the past 24 hours:

After I kicked @Keith718’s butt at TSM, we rode MMRR again—only waited about 20 minutes. Maybe I’m just extra grouchy, but the plexiglass dividers really detract from the experience. Our first ride we were in the front row, so you can see fine. But this time we were in the second row, which means there’s an odd reflection of yourself. It’s not great—I really hope they take those down soon.

Before leaving, we stopped for some photopass pics—the photographer was very kind and took all four magic shots he could do:

By then it was time to get on the Skyliner to go to our reservation at Topolino’s. We got there a bit early, and they said they probably wouldn’t seat us until our reservation time. So Big Brain Moves (™ @Randall1028) Hannah (aka, me) decided we should have a cocktail on the outside patio. It is veryyyyy nice out there. The views are :heart_eyes: and the weather by that time in the evening was perfect.

I got the “your table is ready!” text, and we were seated. Topolino’s really reminds me of Cali Grill, and I think the food is just about as good. We split the ricotta appetizer, which was excellent. Keith got the plant-based cassoulet, and I got the chicken sugo rigatoni. I couldn’t finish it all but it was really well done.

We were too full for dessert, so we paid and went to poke around Riviera, since we’d never been there before; their gift shop is… shockingly small? I don’t mean to sound overly negative but man, that resort just leaves me cold. It feels so generic—beautiful, elegantly done… but lacking that special this-could-only-be-at-Disney feeling.

I’d say it was a successful day. Lots of time spent in lines, but we got to ride ROTR, and I already can’t wait to go on it again.

Next up: today!

15 Likes