Live-ish Trip Report: Birthday Week in the World with DH

Great pictures! I’m enjoying your trip report!
Congrats on the BG! Have a great time :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Got to HS for rope drop around 8:15, and probably had about 150 people ahead of us heading towards TSL. Rode SDD with a ~5 minute wait, Aliens (wait…is the abbreviation for that ASS?) as a walk on, then TSM with about 10 minute wait.

After that, headed over to GE and knocked out MFSR with about a 20 minute wait, playing Disney Play challenges in the queue. I was a pilot, hubby a gunner. We stole 2 loads of coaxiam, yay!

After that walked around GE and took some photos. Waiting on a Ronto Wrap now, then our boarding group should be up, followed by a noon Oga’s ADR.

15 Likes

Yes it’s ASS or AS2 or A2S or pretty much anything else that fits.

5 Likes

Giggling like a tween over this, lol.

At Oga’s now but got a standing spot so not sure how long we’ll stay. These dogs are barkin’!

15 Likes

Hence AS2!

What are you drinking?

The top two were the Yub Nub (we just got the drink, not the souvenir mug) and the Jet Juice; and our second round was the Bespin Fizz and Degobah Slug Slinger. We have a second Ogas reservation tonight after park close, so will get to try the rest of the cocktails then!

After Oga’s we left GE and took in Muppets, Star Tours, Vacation Fun, and finally B&B live. Rain started while we were in B&B, so we broke out umbrellas and took our time making it back to Sci-Fi for our ADR. Originally, they tried to seat us at the picnic tables in the back but we nicely asked (begged) and were able to move to a car.

Sci Fi was nice and cool - we split the onion rings (ok) and then the hubby got the classic burger plus a chocolate shake (both good) while I had the Buffalo chicken salad (also good, but a little soggy…maybe try ordering the dressing on the side?)

We’re thinking about possibly taking a break after this - we’ll see how many people the rain has cleared out once we’re finished. It’s definitely felt a lot busier today than others - SDD, TOT, RNRC, and MFSR have all been at 50 minutes or higher projected nearly all day. So this evening may be more promising, we’ll see!

13 Likes

I love that you’re doing Oga’s twice in the same day!

3 Likes

Well we did indeed decide to head back for a break after our late lunch, but that was a good choice because we caught a cavalcade on our way out and missed most of the rain!

The hubby napped for a couple hours while I watched TV and browsed the Internet (I’m not much of a napper unless I’m sick.) Around 6, I woke him up and we headed back in to the park to take down our last few rides: ToT, RNRC, and MMRR. We did TOT first basically as a walk on, then emerged to more rain - donned the panchos for the walk over to RNRC for about a 15 min wait, and by the time we got out of that, the rain was done for the night. Finally, we rode MMRR (so cute!) with a 15 minute wait to effectively cross our every ride in the park! Huzzah!

At this point it was about 8:15, so we decided to split a carrot cake cookie (technically our dinner, I guess) and then hubby asked to hit up Star Tours one more time, which we did.

After that, we got in position for the projection show (really cute!) and then slowly meandered back over to Batuu for our late Oga’s ADR. This time we tried the other remaining drinks, including the Jedi Mind Trick, The Outer Rim, the Fuzzy Tauntaun and the T-16 Skyhopper (interestingly our server tried to talk us out of that one…she said most people hate it, lol). We also got some batuu bits, which were primarily just sun chips with a spicy pesto dipping sauce. I liked them, but the hubby didn’t.

However, the reason for this second, late Ohas res wasn’t just to sample all the drinks - it was for the pictures!!! Please enjoy an empty Black Spire Outpost:

Tomorrow we have an early start with AK. Must get some sleep, but hope you’re all enjoying my posts!

25 Likes

That’s funny because T16 is my fav drink at Ogas.

3 Likes

Immensely. Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

Great pics! Did you like the Skyhopper?

It probably wasn’t something I’d order again, but it wasn’t bad, really. Kinda tasted like if a honeydew melon and a glass of kefir had a love child.

6 Likes

Quite the description! Don’t think I’ll order that one in the future. I’m really enjoying your trip report and all your great photos.

4 Likes

That’s actually a great description. I can absolutely see why it wouldn’t be a favorite for people as it is kinda strangely creamy for cocktail, but I also didn’t think it was bad.

Good morning, @OBNurseNH!

13 Likes

Good morning, beautiful!

What did you guys think of the drinks? Will you rate them if you have time, best to worst or most liked to least liked?

Taste-wise, I’d probably say the Outer Rim was my favorite - kind of like a smoky margarita. After that, the Jet Juice, but you could definitely taste the alcohol in it, which some folks might not love. The Yub Nub was also tasty, more of a traditional tiki taste.

The Bespin Fizz I found really sweet and hard to drink BC of the carbonation.

The others were all “ok, probably wouldn’t order again” taste wise.

Presentation wise, the Fuzzy Tauntaun and Bespin Fizz were the most “experiential”

7 Likes

#sacredspace FAIL! Was in line for a table right at 11a when they opened and they’re saying it’s a 45 minute wait :frowning:

1 Like

Ok, cold beers obtained…can recap the morning now…

We missed rope drop by a couple minutes this morning, arriving at AK tap about 7:35a. Things were still nice and empty for the first couple hours - FoP was about 25 minutes, but Navi and KS were both walk on. Took advantage of a couple photo pass CMs along the way, and then had about a 5 minute wait for Everest and 10 (including preshow) for Dinosaur.

Completed the circle and did the Discovery Island Trails, then headed over to Nomad Bar only to be denied!

Walked over to Dawa Bar - saw a floating cavalcade on the way - and that line was all through the queue and down the road, with no places left to sit. So, we grabbed beers from the rectangular pizza cart - they’re nice and cold at least - and are sitting outside of pizzafari under an umbrella listening to some parrots jibber jabber. Park filled up A LOT since this morning, and tide times definitely look to be trending up.

We’ve got our Tiffins res at noon, so can check in soon. After lunch, we’ll do the other two walking trails and maybe FOLK…hubby hasn’t been loving the shows really, and we’ve seen actual Lion King on Broadway a couple times…

This afternoon we’ll finally take advantage of our hotel pool! Looking forward to the break.

Oh also, it’s my birthday! Hello 37 :wave:

24 Likes