You guys should enter! Report back!

6 Likes

They would snap me like a twig!!!

We’re up and headed to MK for rope drop. Will report back later on :grin:

4 Likes

Awesome! Can’t wait!

:laughing:

2 Likes

Pretty sure I must’ve just ran into an anonymous liner…while heading towards Gaston’s for a cinnamon roll, I pointed out a man taking a photo of the cinnamon roll in front of the statue. My hubby said, “yeah, that’s pretty big!”

Y’all know what the guy said back, right?

Right???

“TWSS”

16 Likes

:joy: well it IS!

3 Likes

I spent a good portion of my misspent youth marching in a drum line where year after year it was like 35 guys and maybe 2-3 girls. They were saying TWSS as far back as the mid 80’s.

6 Likes

Proof. The cinnamon roll from Gaston’s was as large as my then 23 month olds abnormally large head:

11 Likes

It’s been a lovely laid back morning here. Made it through tap at MK around 8:30 convinced we’d missed rope drop - but once we made it to the hub, we definitely had not and in fact there was no early entry at all. We were released at 9 on the dot.

Today, we’re prioritizing all the things we couldn’t do during Boo Bash. We were in the very first car for Space Mountain (a repeat for us) then tried to do CoP but it was down. So instead we headed to Little Mermaid, which was closed during BB, and then Mickey’s Philarmagic, castle photos, and Hall of Presidents. Came out of HoP just in time for a cavalcade, then headed over to our ADR for BOG. We were seated by request in the West Wing, and had the room to ourselves for a little while. I got the French onion soup and the filet - excellent so far!

18 Likes

The West Wing is our favourite!

2 Likes

What a great shot of the castle!

3 Likes

I know some people have talked poorly about BoG but it was DELICIOUS. Very happy with our choice!

17 Likes

Great pics!

A variation on Remy is to pose like you’re taking a selfie with your hand out and he appears. You’re mostly diagonal, but it’s cute. Meta, but cute.

I’ve also had luck saying politely “I’ve got a lot of pics holding Remy. Do you have any other Magic Shots?”

17 Likes

If you’re going to make allowances, make sure it’s queso at La Cava!

4 Likes

Love your castle picture with the reflection! Just gorgeous. Have fun today.

2 Likes

Headed back to our hotel to rest a bit and it was starting to sprinkle a bit just as we were getting in our Lyft - good timing.

This afternoon we finished up the more “show” type things we couldn’t do during Boo Bash - Monsters Inc, Carousel of Progress, Tom Sawyer Island, Country Bear Jamboree, and then had been planning to finish with my favorite Enchanted Tiki Room, but it was down - will maybe try it again when we come back for fireworks.

Also saw a couple cavalcades and got to wave at Pooh and the crew (DH’s favorite!) on our way out. Ready for a shower and a nap…and any stray arm wrestling matches!

13 Likes

Go over the top!! You got this!

6 Likes

Well I am ashamed to report that I did NOT win the arm wrestling championship on behalf of liners everywhere…so I had to do what any proper loser should do and drown my sorrows.

We started over at Tambu Lounge for a snack of some Ohana noodles and a Magic star cocktail. We then were able to make it into Trader Sam’s where so far we’ve angered the gods (uh oa) and triggered a volcano (Krakatoa). Wait was about 1h15m from a 4:30 checkin.

Next up back to MK for HEA and then post park close dinner at Skipper Canteen!

17 Likes

Damn. I was so sure you had it in the bag.

Oh well. Drinks you say? FANTASTIC!

Tambu and Sam’s? Love it!

1 Like

Well after Trader Sam’s we headed back to
MK, even though it was still raining a bit. However, that let us get a really primo fireworks location. We sat in ponchos for about 30 minutes before the rain stopped, then another 40 or so minutes after the rain chatting with our neighbors. DH also went and got us a Dole Whip somewhere in there.

But WOW! What a great spot:

After fireworks we moseyed slowly over to Skipper Canteen where we had an 8:55 ADR (for a 9pm park close). Dinner there was…pretty unimpressive actually. We had the cheese bread puffs (forget their real name), taste like chicken and pork char sui. It all tasted like mediocre mall food court food that had just been prettily plated. Our skipper seemed rather sky and soft spoken so didn’t tell any jokes either. Definitely our worst meal yet.

But, we were only partially there for the food - mainly we were there to get to enjoy a nearly empty park on our way out for some good photos. And those we got!

We opted to take the ferry boat back to TTC to catch a Lyft (their last boat of the night) and while we were waiting to take off, even got to see the electrical water pageant go by! That was a real treat.

Now, we’re back at the hotel, and have to be up in 7 hours to try to get a Rise BG, so will check in again soon.

20 Likes

Boarding group 36 obtained!!!

Success!

12 Likes