Live-ish trip report: 7 nights at Copper Creek

Good morning from exactly the room I requested at WL CC!! (Thanks Len and TP!)

We got here yesterday and if anyone is interested, I’ll try to live post a bit (though it might be sporadic). I’m here with DF58 (he’s something of a surrogate father to me) and we’ve got a week of Disney Magic planned :slight_smile:

Some idle thoughts as I drink my coffee and contemplate what MagicBand to wear:

• We’re in a 2-bedroom villa at copper creek and all I can say is WOW. These rooms are beyond gorgeous. Like, wowowow so nice.
  • Wilderness Lodge is stunning. This is one of the resorts I’d never stepped foot in, and I am really loving it so far
  • Since we’re facing the courtyard, we could see the HEA fireworks (most of them) last night!
  • We did HDDR last night and I thought it was so much fun. Completely corny. But I do love a live performance, and it was such a fun way to start the trip.

Heres what’s on the docket for today:

• A few hours at AK this morning
  • 12:30 brunch at Cali Grill, because @OBNurseNH’s review really sold it (mimosas and lobster and sushi here I come!!)
  • Afternoon at Epcot (we’re going 4x while we’re here to get those coasters!)
  • Pirates @ Pals cruise tonight

Now I gotta go get ready. More in a bit!
(Sidebar, if you want to follow along with more pictures, I’m @hmbhmbhmb on Instagram)

24 Likes

We LOVED WL! So excited to follow along on your trip.

Not trying to rain on your parade, just a heads up. I was pretty disappointed in the quality of the coasters. They seem extremely cheap to me. I still love them, though. I’m curious what others think

1 Like

Don’t you love it when this is the hardest choice of the day :laughing:

Have a great time! A 2 bedroom villa sounds amazing. If you get the time, I’d love to hear about the Christmas theming of WL during your stay!

6 Likes

Oh! I am so excited to see this! I look forward to following along!

2 Likes

Well, feh… but I think we’ll still get them cause… they look too cute.

2 Likes

It is SO NICE here. Having a full kitchen and a full size coffeemaker is great. We stopped Target to get half-and-half and coffee and filters — being able to wake up and turn on the coffeemaker, and have coffee in bed while you wake up is my ideal.

5 Likes

I definitely took 1.5 hrs to ride to EP, tap in, and walk right back out to make sure I logged 4 days. If nothing else, it was the thrill of the challenge for me! :joy:

3 Likes

6 Likes

Yeah we will be taking the skyliner over from HS for our fourth visit just to walk in and get them. I need them!

2 Likes

This!

3 Likes

So far there isn’t a ton up yet. No tree yet, but I’ll poke around and see what else is up…

1 Like

So jealous that you’ll get the Remy magnet too! I got the Minnie one when we were there, but I wanted the Remy one!!

2 Likes

Do you get two? If so, I’ll trade you for one of them!

The Minnie one was handed out up until some point, but I think they switched to the Remy one for the second half of the festival! They only give you one per pass unfortunately.

One more thing about the coasters. They were requiring everyone to show ID. I had just finished the half marathon and didn’t have my ID with me. I managed to talk the CM into letting me show him my MDE account on my phone. Alternatively you could take a photo of your ID and show that to them. Just in case you don’t take an ID with you…

1 Like

Booooo :unamused: that is a bummer.

1 Like

There are rumors of a gingerbread house this year.

1 Like

Well I look kinda young so I always have my I.D. with me so I can partake in some adult beverages… :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Yes! There’s a whole area blocked off right now in the lobby with a “something’s coming soon!” and a picture of a gingerbread house. I hope it shows up soon!!

(Apparently I’m replying too quickly. Cmon TP, I’m waiting in the bus line… what else is there to do but talk to my Liner friends??)

6 Likes

Thanks for the photos and report! I agree the coasters aren’t super high quality, but they are super cute! I had to show my AP card and I think just my Magic Band. You can only get one magnet per AP holder – they track it in your Magic Band, as well as how many visits.

2 Likes