Live Trip Report: HMB & Keith718 are back!

You have no idea. It REALLY really does. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’m so lucky to be part of this beautiful group of people :heart:

7 Likes

I hope you and @Keith718 enjoy the rest of your time there. Sorry we didn’t bump into you again since you did such a fine job of choosing your parks the last 3 days. We are sitting in the Amirals Club watching another thunderstorm, hoping we get out in time.

5 Likes

Like this 100x

3 Likes

Catching up! I guess I have fallen down on the “live” part of my trip reporting. I don’t know if it’s the heat, humidity, or the very long lines, but I have been zapped at the end of the days. But! Here’s a little recap of the past 24 hours:

After I kicked @Keith718’s butt at TSM, we rode MMRR again—only waited about 20 minutes. Maybe I’m just extra grouchy, but the plexiglass dividers really detract from the experience. Our first ride we were in the front row, so you can see fine. But this time we were in the second row, which means there’s an odd reflection of yourself. It’s not great—I really hope they take those down soon.

Before leaving, we stopped for some photopass pics—the photographer was very kind and took all four magic shots he could do:

By then it was time to get on the Skyliner to go to our reservation at Topolino’s. We got there a bit early, and they said they probably wouldn’t seat us until our reservation time. So Big Brain Moves (™ @Randall1028) Hannah (aka, me) decided we should have a cocktail on the outside patio. It is veryyyyy nice out there. The views are :heart_eyes: and the weather by that time in the evening was perfect.

I got the “your table is ready!” text, and we were seated. Topolino’s really reminds me of Cali Grill, and I think the food is just about as good. We split the ricotta appetizer, which was excellent. Keith got the plant-based cassoulet, and I got the chicken sugo rigatoni. I couldn’t finish it all but it was really well done.

We were too full for dessert, so we paid and went to poke around Riviera, since we’d never been there before; their gift shop is… shockingly small? I don’t mean to sound overly negative but man, that resort just leaves me cold. It feels so generic—beautiful, elegantly done… but lacking that special this-could-only-be-at-Disney feeling.

I’d say it was a successful day. Lots of time spent in lines, but we got to ride ROTR, and I already can’t wait to go on it again.

Next up: today!

15 Likes

OOH—I am going to pm you a link to the cocktail book we bought. It’s the BEST. Has a recipe for every drink you could ever want, with plenty of instructions and everything. It’s our bible. And a slippery slope to acquiring literally every kind of alcohol possible :sweat_smile::sweat_smile: I keep telling the fiancé that if we add anything more to the bar cart it might actually collapse. This is how it started…. But now it’s at least twice as full :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

9 Likes

He will be dragged along at some point this year :joy: … We started dating right after our November ‘19 trip, which is when Keith bought DVC. So he knows he has more than a few Disney trips in his future. But I think he’ll appreciate it when we have a kid.

7 Likes

Oof I hope you get out ok! What an afternoon of dramatic weather. It sorta looks like it’s clearing up? Fingers crossed you aren’t too delayed… and it was so nice running into to you!

1 Like

Topolinos has an excellent filet. IMHO better than Le Cellier

1 Like

Wow, I have never seen this airport this crazy. Many many delays I guess from weather. We are now delayed, can’t tell us how long

3 Likes

It’s days like that when you just have to turn around and spend another night at Disney. :man_shrugging:

8 Likes

Don’t tempt me.

3 Likes

Ugh. That sucks. (That was a sympathetic heart) Fingers crossed they get stuff working soon.

3 Likes

I got my son that shirt and his cousin the matching dress for when we stay at the Poly in November! It made me way too excited to see someone wearing it.

3 Likes

Finally catching up with you.

Your review of Topolino’s is on par with everything I’ve read. I’ve had only breakfast there but definitely need to get there for dinner. Your cocktail Big Brain Move was indeed very big brain of you.

But I agree about the resort. Perfectly “fine” and nothing exceptional. Perhaps excepting only the mosaic murals out by the Skyliner. I have less than no desire to stay there. Visit? Sure.

PS your room view sucks.

PPS that was my altar ego. She is mega jealous of you.

8 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: that’s fair, alter ego of OBNurse … honestly sometimes I’m jealous of myself.

4 Likes

File under: things that are NOT magical.

10 Likes

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat is that?!

You just freakin got there!

No.

1 Like

I know! It’s totally NOT FAIR! But at least we got to go to Geyser Point tonight at the best resort ever. Re-entering the real world is going to suck.

8 Likes

That is pretty epic.

1 Like

Made it home. Ended up just an hour late so not bad.

7 Likes