Live-ish trip report: 7 nights at Copper Creek

The bus to AK arrived at 8:04; I was in and waiting at the tapstiles at 8:27 — they were already letting people in (for a 9am opening) and now we’re being held at the bridge by Nomad Lounge. There’s a chance I’ll bail and go for a safari instead of braving the Pandora crowd… I have no touring plan for this morning — DF is having a more relaxed morning and is coming to meet me at some point in a bit. I figure I’ll amble around, because this park is best enjoyed at a leisurely pace, IMHO.

11 Likes

Holy schnikes, that’s a sea of humanity in front of you! I’ve never tried RDing FoP.

Tbh if I’d really wanted to RD FOP I could’ve tried harder to get out the door, but… nah. I think that would’ve translated into a little bit of a wait…

Update: I bailed and I’m now waiting at the gates to Africa. I’m going to take a safari :sunglasses:

8 Likes

Coasters? Like roller coasters?

Nah, the drink coasters they give APers for visiting Epcot 4 times during food and wine!

2 Likes

Figured it out

:wink:

have a great trip! looking forward to your report. enjoy brunch today!

2 Likes

Excellent Safari this morning, save for a kid having a meltdown and being spanked by his mother… Both kinds of rhinos were out, as were all the giraffes and elephants! We only saw the butt of two lions. The cheetahs were up and running around!

11 Likes

Love a live trip report! thanks for writing and have a great time!!

1 Like

Now that you’re done the safari, walking by the Tree during this time with the morning sun is nothing short of amazing and beautiful. I fully support your decision to not get stuck in the FOP area during this time.

Have a great time!!!

(And those coasters are cheapish, sure…but they’re free and I like them better than the magnets. I can at least use the coasters for something other than taking up space on a surface. Also, if you are, at all, inclined you can easily improve them with a quick light-sand and varnish. Then they are spiffy (note: i am too lazy to do this. but I thought about it, does that count?)

5 Likes

Lol you vastly overestimate the supplies I have in my tiny New York City apartment. But I do have a great hardware store in my neighborhood… :thinking:

Since DF didn’t get here until just now we are just ambling around taking in the sites. You see so many new things every time!

2 Likes

Yeah a bit on the cheap side but still had to get them. I did like the cutting board they gave out last year, small but a convenient size.

Man the theming in this park is so great.

I rode KS and EE alone, but DF didn’t get to ride anything this morning (the lines were too long and our FPs are for Epcot this afternoon) and it was actually fine. We did the maharajah jungle trek, wandered around, and now we’re on our way to the California Grill!!

16 Likes

Uh If ya happen to drop by contempo cafe, uhh… there’s a standing question about power outlets… :grin:

But don’t go out of your way or anything. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Wait, I missed this — what’s the standing question? Happy to go out of my way for the famous @Randall1028 :wink:

2 Likes

Okay well this place is amazing. The VIEW!!! :heart_eyes::scream::heart_eyes::scream::heart_eyes:

Full disclosure: since they raised the price of this brunch more than 20% I WILL be getting my money’s worth of mimosas. So this is most likely going to turn into a tipsy trip report. Sorry not sorry. :woman_shrugging:t3:

17 Likes

I was curious is there are outlets to plug a laptop into at the contempo cafe and where they were (basically if guests can use them). (Hopefully someplace one can sit)

Guest services has told me both yes and no. And then gave up with a “not sure.” :rofl:

Our favourite kind of trip report!

3 Likes

Bahaha. Okay — I will check and send pics. Tell me exactly what kind of info to give you because I’ve had 3 mimosas and am certainly having more before I make my way down there to do some reconnaissance for you.

11 Likes