Lines down

I’ll try this - it’s fine on the iPad but can’t get it on my phone at all.

Great, that worked!

1 Like

Will someone look at the communication from yesterday? We appreciate all of the work you all put in. It is just frustrating when we look, say at Twitter, and there is no information but there are tweets about content we cannot access. Maybe agree that a just “yup we know” is posted here or tweeted (is that the word)?

1 Like

Wow, I was just about to give up on App. But then thought check the forum. (I don’t do Twitter, I don’t usually do Forum, and pop into FB once in a while), but Lines App - I use very often). Thanks for the info. I see the Sept FB group has fix listed. Assuming the other month FB pages are posting fix. Would be good for a solid communication thread to broadcast out fix, say in an email, assuming that Lines has our email addresses. So glad they were able to recover from the catastrophic failure. :slight_smile:

Len already noted in this thread that our communications were not what they should have been, and I apologize for that. We generally go with Twitter when there are problems, so look at http://twitter.com/touringplans if you have concerns about TouringPlans.com product function. If you still have a concern, contact webmaster@touringplans.com.

We had a big problem that disrupted service from about 3:30 AM EDT to roughly noon on Saturday, September 5. During that time, site function was sporadic, and the Lines app would not work well (if at all). No matter what, you would have had some problems during that time, and that definitely impacted folks who were trying to use our products in the parks.

Following our repair of the problem, some previously mentioned actions (cache clearing, re-install, etc.) may be required to get your devices working with TouringPlans.com again. This is because a workaround we put into place in the morning “stuck” on some devices and browsers. Devices that didn’t try to access TouringPlans.com or Lines during Saturday morning are unaffected.

If you notice any lingering issues, please report them to webmaster@touringplans.com. And thank you all for being great customers, for enjoying what we offer, and for helping each other yesterday when there were problems.

5 Likes

@david, yes- completely understand we all realize yesterday was unusual. I just posted as someone that not only went to Twitter, but tweeted as well to TouringPlans asking if there would be an update. I AM NOT complaining about any product. I guess I was just wondering if there was someplace we could go to get information when needed. Thanks for your reply.

1 Like

Sill having website issues. Any thoughts on an ETA for it to be running smoothly? =)

Information is only available when we share it, and we didn’t do that in a timely fashion on Saturday, so there is nothing you could have done differently.

Issues on our side are resolved now. Advice in this thread (clear browser cache and cookies for web browser, for app: uninstall, restart device, and then reinstall) should be followed if you’re still having problems. Unfortunately, client side action is required to fix te problems that remain.

Here is a quick tip on how to clear (well bypass & reload) your browser cache: On a PC hold down the CTRL key and press F5. On a Mac with Safari hold down Shift and click the reload button on your toolbar. On a Mac with Chrome or Firefox hold down Cmd and Shift together and press R. Wikipedia:Bypass your cache - Wikipedia. Hth!

1 Like

Oh I am so glad I came over to the forum! I reinstalled the app and it is back. Thank goodness! I was going through withdrawal symptoms!

A free extra month is warranted.

2 Likes

Now that made me laugh😀