Limited DDR

Question I have is, are you limited to so many DDR’s in a certain time period? I reached my 60 days out and booked what I could in the 10 day period. Many have two reservations for one day. Now I am booking a day at a time for 5 additional days. It will now let me book once per day and if I try for a second reservation it takes all information, but on pressing RESERVE, it comes up with unable to make do to error. Phone this number or try later. I even canceled a reservation and tried to replace it with another reservation and got the same result. Now I have a day without a reservation due to this problem. Any idea’s why this is happening? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

What is a “DDR”? Do you mean “ADR”? Or “APR”?

ETA: With the comment about 60 days and 10 days, I assume you mean ADR (Advanced Dining Reservation).

You should be able to book multiple, although I don’t believe it will allow you to book overlapping timeslots. But something for breakfast, lunch, and dinner each day should be allowed.

Someone else was reporting in another thread issues/errors in a similar fashion, so it might be technical glitches on Disney’s part at the moment.

4 Likes

:clap: That’s impressive!

2 Likes

Impressive? Absolutely! Actually dancing? Eh. Not so much. :joy:

2 Likes

Sorry I did mean ADR’s. You can now book overlapping dining reservations as I booked a number of them. No more an hour before or after a reservation, now you can book two at two same time period. Problem I am having now is just getting the reservation to complete. Get right up to Reserve Now and when pressed it take forever before it say’s, the system encountered an error and is unable to complete reservation. It appears certain restaurant will complete while others will not. The system is totally screwed up. Like others, I will be weeding the reservations I want to keep versus those I don’t. At this time during my 10 days + period I just took what I could get. Even tried the WDW app and got the same results. Seems now it is hit or miss on a daily basis if I can make any. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

You’re encountering the same error as @duanehaas. You may need to call in today. It appears to be a wider IT issue.

3 Likes

I never had such difficulty in the past. On my 10 day+ window I always had everything available at 0500CDT. Biergarten in now non-existent even 70 days out. Chef Mickey’s the same. How are people able to book all these to capacity? Now it’s shows a number of different restaurants with availability but when you try to book it says there is a error and unable to complete reservation at this time. It is madding to say the least. WDW is going farther downhill by the day, but it doesn’t people from flocking to the parks. Go figure.

2 Likes

When you call in, ask them to check the existing reservations for the location/date you are trying to get. What had happened to me was that Disney “Hadn’t loaded the inventory yet.” They were able to tell that had happened because there was no or low reservations already made.
You wouldn’t think that this would be a thing, but it is,. I would think that they could set hours for each restaurant that it would always be open regardless of the park hours, and make those hours automatically available from now on.

3 Likes

Somethig must be wonky, the app is showing availability for BoG and CP for dinner today. Went as far as confirming my CC before stopping. (I’m not really there, was just playing around on the app)

There are problems with credit cards and payments today. Wonder if that’s causing issues.

Apparently some people have had hundreds of dollars charged to their cards when trying to book ILLs, for example, as the charges are going through even when the booking doesn’t complete.

1 Like

Oh…lovely.

1 Like

Bug or feature?

2 Likes

This is why I never use my debit card as anything but an ATM card.

1 Like

Yes it does all that until you press Reserve. Then it’s error.

Oh yes - I worked in a bank. Debit cards are awful. It can drain your account. With a credit card you have time to dispute or the holds to fall off. And you’re totally screwed if you have fraud with a debit vs credit.

Well since you deleted my other comment, did you get your issue fixed?

First off I did not delete your comment but rather it says you did. No I am still having the same problem. Apparently they either don’t know how to fix it or they don’t care to try and fix it. It may be because I have more than one reservation for some of my 15 days which are almost duplicates in times. I don’t know why this would matter but I keep getting error messages when trying to make new reservations even for days I have none. Someone out here stated they thought they were having list and time problems where it says there are time available but in reality there is not. Don’t know and I have been able to get most of my reservations but not always the ones I want at the times I want. At this stage I am going to wait for a while and then weed some of my doubled reservations out and hope others do the same. If the problem is then fixed with the Disney reservations site I will be able to get what I want at the times I want. If not there is always quick service. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: