Leading Reservations for dining?

Are you using MDE on your phone? Try logging out of the app and back in and/or try from a computers browser.

I have tried logging out. Creating a new account, new leading reservations. Different browsers on different computers. Nothing seems to work for me. I see the same times available all the time.

I would create another MDE account using another email address and a different name and birthday.

A problem I ran into is that the ADR window is set by the latest reservation that opens up an ADR window, if you have overlapping reservations. This took me forever to figure out. It only effects people with really long split stays.

If you put the leading reservation on the same MDE account, once the ADR window for the 6/3 reservation opens up, your leading reservation will be ignored. This means that it will only work up to 6/12 dining.

But, you can make ADR’s for your real MDE Account from the fake MDE Account. Just make the two accounts friends, and then when you make the ADR from the fake one, make the leading person on the reservation the real you.

1 Like

It sounds like you are having an unusual tech problem. Try using Incognito Mode on your browser. There could be cookies causing a problem.

1 Like

Ok friends, I don’t know why this always trips me up. I have a split DVC stay in November, 11-15 and 15-20. I would like to get HDDR in the second half of the trip so I’m working on some sort of leading reservation. I guess I waited too long and the night of the 11th (Veteran’s Day) is booked solid. I can get most anything leading up to that day, even a campsite, as well as anything starting the 12th. Is it worth getting something overlapping from the 12-20?

Is it still two ADR dates for split DVC stays? Thanks!

I tried that as well. I contacted chat to see if they could help. He looked up 2 reservations I was wanting and said he didn’t see any availability, although I was still seeing it on my end before the error. So I’m not sure why I’m seeing anything when they can’t. Maybe it’s just a glitch on the site. I can book stuff that does have lots of availability, so who knows.

If anyone has a reservation and can look up 10/2 Hollywood & Vine at lunch and 10/3 Be our Guest or CRT at dinner and let me know what you see, I’d be grateful!

1 Like

I have a leading reservation created for a trip in May 2023 and think I have that process down. We will actually be staying offsite for the trip.

When purchasing park tickets for this trip and making park reservations, will it lump me in with the resort category or just theme park tickets category? Does it matter?

Just to update for my leading reservation - After several days of trying to get what I wanted, it just magically started working for me. I never called or anything. Got all of the reservations I wanted at the times I wanted so it worked out in the end. Thanks everyone!

10 Likes

Great news! Sorry about the struggles early on, but glad the IT came around. That’s not uncommon, though this particular issue seems to be unique and affected a lot of people.

I’m cursed, or being punished for cheating! :woozy_face:

Did a max 70 day LR, and still have run into two problems. No Artist Point at all in the system even at the very beginning of Day 70. Has to be a glitch. Maybe they’ll be added later, but that’s weird, and I see nothing about it being closed.

Then following day, Ogas after park close, and for that night no HS places at all have any reservations past 7pm when posted close is 9pm. Can’t find anything about something different going on at HS that day. Every night from 64-69 has all the late times up to 10pm but not the one I want at 70.

WTF. Doing this was supposed to make this process fool proof. :joy:

2 Likes

That HS issue has been fairly widespread. I really do think they delay uploading some restaurants for reasons unknown.

5 Likes

Yeah, don’t panic. Sometimes lack of availability is just that it has been loaded yet.

4 Likes

Set up those dining alerts so you are ready the second they drop!

4 Likes

What happened with this for you? Hit my first snag with CRT.

I got what I wanted, but a couple of things weren’t in the system until about 63-65 days out. I kept checking more and more frequently each day as more competition became eligible until they popped up.

I’m guessing CRT is doing that same thing and is behind on uploading. Check frequently and/or set up alerts as each day without them loaded eats into your advantage. Good luck!

1 Like

Yes— so true thanks for responding, I’ll do that!

1 Like

Hey all,

Huge favor, I’m at work and can’t download the above spreadsheet. Would anyone mind inputting my date and taking a screenshot it for me? Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Input date of first desired ADR: November 27th. We will be checking out on December 4th

1 Like

@trish1201_721026

1 Like

You rock!!! Thank you!!!

1 Like

So I just made my first leading reservation for dining (also my first ever forum post). I’m nervous I’ll mess up my real reservation and I feel like I’m cheating somehow. Although cheating to have a way to give Disney even more of my money isn’t really cheating, right? Fingers crossed this works.

4 Likes