Life, uh, finds a way ••• QWERTY’s Universal (mis)Adventures?

Yes if my kids are into it still that’s when we’d return. They are wild over Toothless now. But they will be older then. :woman_shrugging:t2:

Five park days was awesome bc it meant we could leave when my family started wilting. Different kids liked different parks the best. There was something for everyone.

We have no family plans for any future hoped-for trips TBH. So it’s not like we want to go to WDW more than UOR, etc.

We really want a cruise. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

10 Likes

The traveling homeschooler site offers at least one, and often two, very reasonable trips to UOR and WDW annually. It would be nice to try it in a cooler month, too.

8 Likes

Essential for us!

1 Like

I’ve done Florida in May three other times, but this was the latest and the hottest. It was ok for me, but some of my family found it oppressive.

2 Likes

We were there in May in 2021, and while hot, not unbearable…unlike our August 2020 trip, where actual temps were hitting 103, and RealFeels were 113. All while wearing masks. That was not fun. But, at the time, UOR was doing a great job of keeping the doors open and running the A/C full blast so that even when you were outside, you felt the cooling. Disney was far worse, though, because with the social distancing at the time, most of the lines were now extended way out into the direct sun.

Going in December was absolutely lovely (even if a little chilly in the evenings/mornings), though. Looking forward to returning at that time this December!

1 Like

I’ll be 45 this November. I didn’t have my first until 36 and second at 38, which seemed like a great idea while enjoying my 20’s and establishing my career. Now I’m exhausted constantly and realizing I’ll be planning for retirement and paying for college at the same time (yikes)

Did you go to school in Ann Arbor? I’m a Spartan (graduated in 2000) and noticed your screen name :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Our kids paid their own way through college. Each one of them. Graduated debt-free.

Just saying…

ETA: I’m a U of M graduate (Ann Arbor)!

3 Likes

I had my oldest at 28 and youngest at 41. I am much more tired for the last two.
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

My oldest went to college in NY and has a small debt from the 4-year school he transferred to for two years after community college.

Kids 2 and 3 will pay for their own and be debt free bc they will commute the whole time. When we were looking to move from NY one of the key things we considered was commutable options. On top of that it seems SC colleges throw money at good students. I am NOT complaining!!!

5 Likes

Happy belated wedding anniversary :heart:
Congrats on reaching the axel years :wink::rofl:

3 Likes

Happy Anniversary!

We too tend to buy shingles and furnaces for our anniversaries. :smiley:

Next year is our 25th and that only just occurred to us the other day as I was telling my wife about my research for a full trip next year since we’ve only taken quick ones the last few.

Fingers crossed and axles tightened!

6 Likes

We had the same timing with our kids - right now at almost 58 my game plan is to work about another 5-6 years, long enough to get my daughter out of college and have her on our awesome health coverage while she looks for a job.

Son is 3 years ahead of her so hopefully he’s full engaged by then - but he just moved back to go to a local state college so we had to get a car for him to commute (actually got my wife a car and gave him hers.)

Cash flow right now is like a raging river. :astonished:

6 Likes

Happy anniversary!

On our 25th anniversary trip, we got the news that our car repair would be as much as the car was worth. (Ended up getting a second opinion and a much cheaper repair diagnosis- after we purchased a replacement car. It all was going to happen anyway this year but didn’t expect that to be the timing.)

1 Like

My DD24 and I went in December 2021 and the weather was perfect! High 70s-Low 80s, no humidity and no rain. It wasn’t even chilly in the mornings/evenings and we went the weekend before Christmas. End of April/early May is also a favorite time of mine.

2 Likes

Our 25th anniversary trip to Hawaii was cancelled due to Covid. Thanks 2020 :unamused:

1 Like

Yup, same here! Had my second at 37 (loved being called “advanced maternal age”) and I can retire the same year he graduates from high school if I want to. Probably won’t happen. I feel so old when I’m around most of the other parents now. My DH actually taught some of the parents of the kids on my youngest son’s baseball team :flushed:

I did not go to school in Ann Arbor, just a big fan of the football team!

3 Likes

I just caught up. Happy Belated 25th Anniversary! Your family members are all troopers

2 Likes

“Look, Mom! Four wheels!”

33 Likes

Yay!!

1 Like

Yay!

2 Likes

Did they tell you what caused the wheel to come off? I’m planning to drive my 2008 mini van in October. Every time I hear a new rattle or squeak I think of you. I am insanely curious to know what in the world caused this to happen.

2 Likes