Life, uh, finds a way ••• QWERTY’s Universal (mis)Adventures?

I generally try not to comment on this sort of thing. I’ll just restrict myself to saying that (a) it is really noticeable how frequently posters to this site mention religion, because (b) coming from a de facto secular country it is really unusual to hear about in my everyday life and so it really stands out when it is mentioned here.

11 Likes

Interesting how your Touring Plan is so much different than Lines.

2 Likes

I get that. I also feel like people know me and where I’m coming from. If someone has an interest the link it is there to follow and if that’s not something they care about I didn’t type it all out and expect y’all to read it. :heart:

I understand you are not interested and love you just the same. :heart:

16 Likes

That is. And now I’m worried my Starbucks time will mess up the day.

But it’s worth it!!!

7 Likes

Remember–today is a bonus day so you get done what you can and if Starbucks makes it better then go for it.

8 Likes

Yes. And I haven’t had any except the free one at cabana bay.

3 Likes

I didn’t say that. I clicked the link and read the document. I’m saying it’s interesting because literally every British person I know is an atheist.

Tony Blair once wanted to end an address to the nation with “God bless you” and he was advised not to do so. We are a very secular country. Which is odd because not only do we have an established religion (unlike the US) we have seats in our legislature specifically reserved for bishops. As in, they are members of the legislature, with voting rights. I think the only other country that does this is Iran.

11 Likes

Oo. I didn’t mean to our word in your mouth Matt. Sorry.

Still waiting for coffee. :wink:

Thanks for sharing your POV!!!

9 Likes

This is the ever-present challenge of Orlando trips. I’ve wrestled with it myself many times.

6 Likes

It was my first stop at MK and within the first hour at AK. HS is a PM stop andnincouldnt find it at EP the last time.

1 Like

I always feel bad that I don’t post more ride times. I’ve done a few this week but I’m sometimes confused as to when to hit stop. Is it when you’re actually climbing into the vehicle? Or when you first start getting entertain?

I think when we were in California I was able to go back and put in the times. But DH had a watch then.

9 Likes

They were off the ride in about 30 minutes total. So the TP was pretty perfect.

In line for Storm Force.

7 Likes

Of course The Queen does end her addresses to the nation with “God bless you”. But she is the head of the Church of England. By birthright. Which is kinda crazy, too.

Charles will take that title, though it’s known he kinda doesn’t want it. He’s spiritual rather than Christian. It might be tricky when he takes the coronation oath.

Until recently, members of the Royal Family in the line of succession were forbidden from marrying Catholics. Meanwhile the US Supreme Court is majority Catholic, and the President and Speaker are both Catholic.

I’ll shut up now. I just think it’s all very, erm, interesting.

12 Likes

It is interesting.
And complicated.
Like most of us.

I love people. And history.

14 Likes

21 Likes

I hate them. I hate their inconsistencies.

For example:

4 Likes

I lied about shutting up. Here is the relevant section:

Will you to the utmost of your power maintain the Laws of God and the true profession of the Gospel? Will you to the utmost of your power maintain in the United Kingdom the Protestant Reformed Religion established by law? Will you maintain and preserve inviolably the settlement of the Church of England, and the doctrine, worship, discipline, and government thereof, as by law established in England? And will you preserve unto the Bishops and Clergy of England, and to the Churches there committed to their charge, all such rights and privileges, as by law do or shall appertain to them or any of them?

To which the response is: All this I promise to do.

Imagine if the US President had to take that oath of office!

2 Likes

I struggle with this too. Sometimes TP says when to stop it. Usually it seems to be when you are getting into the ride vehicle.

4 Likes

If it doesn’t tell you any different, it’s always when you get in the actual ride vehicle.

6 Likes

Storm Force is so much fun.

Me and all my chins and girls.

18 Likes