Life, uh, finds a way ••• QWERTY’s Universal (mis)Adventures?

What quantifies a line of coke?

Two? Yes I’ve done two Coke-A-Colas
Three? Sure.
Four? Yep.
Five? Nosey aren’t we?
Six.
Seven. This one time, at Girl Scout Camp.

13 Likes

What part? I’m in Cary.

2 Likes

What? I have several and do not have a problem. The bamboo, on the other hand….

4 Likes

:rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

2 Likes

This and mimosa trees. I swear they are both weeds and grow anywhere, even through concrete.

4 Likes

Really, no one? @Jeff_AZ?

^^TWSS

12 Likes

:joy:

3 Likes

There are 50 varieties of palms, so maybe some are more weed like ? :thinking:

5 Likes

People are really losing their edge, with all this talk of botany… constant vigilance liners!

11 Likes

Seriously.

Thank goodness you didn’t lose your edge.

4 Likes

The variety most common in Arizona (especially used in trailer parks, and the kind we had) I believe is called the Mexican Fan Palm. I’m sure there are other varieties that are less invasive.

6 Likes

Thanks for handling that one.

:smirk:

8 Likes

Some news about the UOR leg of my June trip …

Originally, I booked two nights at Aventura, because I found a great AP deal. But then I started worrying about crowd levels and my lack of EP. So yesterday I booked Endless Summer for my arrival night and Portofino Bay for my second night. I”ll only be going to the parks on days two and three, so PB covers my EP needs (and those of @JuliaMc and her DS16, who are tagging along and who I’ve added to the reservation). Both were booked at AP rates. I chose ES because I just need a bed for that night and it’s the cheapest option. And PB was actually the cheapest of the EP resorts because of the AP rate. (The room is actually bay view, too.) I’m also excited to make,the switch because I’ve already stayed at Aventura: this way I get to try two hotels I haven’t stayed at. (In December I’m staying at Hard Rock, which will mean I’ll only have Sapphire Falls left, and I’m pencilling that in for a Halloween events trip next year). The new plan is $400 more expensive, but that more than covers the EPs.

16 Likes

$400 for EPs for three people seems acceptable IMO.

6 Likes

We’ve got nothing like the original picture so no help, but pretty much all of our palms are listed are listed as invasive except for the Bermuda Palmetto which I think started as invasive until it changed enough to be classed as endemic.

Apparently Canary Island Date Palm, Senegal Date Palm & Chinese Fan Palm are aggressive…?

5 Likes

I am in absolute awe of this trip. Totally get the disappointment, but I’m sure even the tired ones are having a great time!

3 Likes

The rack rate of those EPs is $1,437.69

9 Likes

Grrrr. Weather!!!

Not sure if Typhoon Lagoon is happening.

My family DOES really want to go to Disney Springs.

DH, DD17 and I are the first ones up and have all agreed if we have to shave something off it’s the water park.

Not for nothing - especially given the title of this thread - the fact we haven’t had thunderstorms messing up our afternoons is a God-send.

I hope tomorrow is ok. DS21 & DGF22’s college friend is joining us tonight for IOA tomorrow. He has AP’s. At least ONE of us will save $27 for parking.

That’s right.
We’ve paid $52/day for parking.

10 Likes

Unacceptable. You must go because (a) I want your review and tips and (b) I want to be told that it’s just as good as Volcano Bay and probably better.

For the first time I’m determined to go to TL this summer — I even bought snazzy new board shorts. I could go to VB, but TL is included in my park tickets and VB is not included in my AP.

9 Likes

I don’t want to skip it.
But I also don’t want to miss all the Disney merch at DS.
And I don’t want to listen to my family complain about being in the rain.

5 Likes