Life, uh, finds a way ••• QWERTY’s Universal (mis)Adventures?

Police dropped us off at Burger King. DH went with car to garage. On his way back. Two Ubers ordered.

I’m bleeding money.

Please pray they actually have cars when we get there.
@bebe80 @Jennifer_B_568600 @Broph1988

17 Likes

:pray::pray:

3 Likes

Oh my goodness! I’m glad you all are finding a way to smile through this.

3 Likes

Inflation is so high that if you don’t spend it now it’ll be worthless in a year’s time anyway.

1 Like

Oh, I’m so sorry to hear this. Obviously they didn’t check the van well enough. Glad you got off the road safely. Praying for rentals to be available.

4 Likes

So true, but that money could have bought some really awesome food or merch.

3 Likes

First Uber rides.

16 Likes

Can’t quote. But yes. Thread title :woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming:

7 Likes

Oh @QwertySC. This is so awful. I’m very grateful that you are all okay. Praying for you all that it all works out.

4 Likes

I can’t believe this is happening! I do hope and pray you’ll be back on the road soon! Geez, @QwertySC, you will dine out on this story for years! But in the moment … so upsetting. And expensive. :worried:

4 Likes

There are 90 people on line in front of us at Avis. And about 25 in front of us at Dollar.

3 Likes

Oh my goodness, I was so happy to see you were on the road, and now this??? I am so angry for you, but also so thankful you are ok! Someone at that garage has some explaining to do. I hope you can get past this and still have a wonderful time.

6 Likes

You and your daughter sitting next to you (Tab, I think) both have the same “absolutely annoyed with this day” face :rofl:. I hope to see happy smiles tomorrow.

13 Likes

Marie.
Tab is the one who things this is making a very popular story on Instagram.

19 Likes

Darn, I was sure that was Tab and Marie was next to her. I’ll do better! :grinning:

4 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

We almost burned our house down on Christmas Eve one year when taper candles fell over and we were out of the room. DH was trying to put the fire out and Abby was taking pictures :woman_facepalming:t2:

13 Likes

Link to the IG :joy:

But really, none of this is funny. Unless you take the stance that “if it’s funny later, it’s funny now.” Then it’s funny now :wink:

But really, praying that the rebound on this trip is divine.

13 Likes

This.

My niece’s mother-in-law has had problems but we’ve never had anything but good service.

I mean, we’re usually miles from anything resembling a town, so there’s a wait.

Oh, @QwertySC , I just recalled that DD and her DH (sil) had a real lemon of a AAA call in AZ (resulting in damage to their vehicle by AAA) on their way home to WA from TX. sil wrote some rambling email to the AZ state AAA office that didn’t even get a response. At DD’s request I condensed and structured his stuff into a one page letter to the AAA office in their home state. After the fact but they got satisfaction.

Hoping y’all’s trip is all uphill from here. So very glad everyone is safe. :two_hearts: :blush:

4 Likes

We have two vehicles!

32 Likes

Huzzah! :tada:

4 Likes