Life, uh, finds a way ••• QWERTY’s Universal (mis)Adventures?

We are there June 12th through June 18th.

Gluten is what I watch the most— I’m thankful that it’s just me, and it’s also not a strict “allergy”. I’m not celiac. I have an autoimmune disease where I have intolerances to gluten and it causes inflammation in my body and various symptoms. I have a coworker with the same autoimmune disease that also is celiac and if her food touches gluten, she has horrible vomiting and hives. I just don’t feel great.

I also stay away from dairy and soy and caffeine, but small to moderate amounts of those don’t cause much of a reaction.

2 Likes

Oh that’s good! Very easy to hit the toggle for “gluten free roll,” etc.

Are you excited? Have you been there before.

2 Likes

I’m SO EXCITED.

I haven’t been there since 1990/1991! I went there with my parents and brother— we went on the Jaws ride, and ET!

Islands if Adventure didn’t exist, of course. I remember the Psycho house up on the hill by the Hard Rock Cafe lol.

My husband has never been and obviously my daughters haven’t either. We started reading/watching Harry Potter a year ago so we are most excited for the wizarding world.

8 Likes

Our friend is like you - avoids gluten, dairy, and soy. We’ve learned how to prepare foods that work when we share meals at our houses.

2 Likes

:joy::joy:

Yes, only positive words in the next one.

Thank you for sharing your trip with us! You have a beautiful family. Great job on the reporting and thanks for all the photos. Glad you experienced everything you wanted to. Praying those extra expenses aren’t a big burden on the family. Until the next time!

:relaxed:

10 Likes

You mean…
You Can Teach an Old Cat New Tricks (a planning thread) - getting close - #236 ?

Although with just the two of us powering through, live might be weird.
(But maybe not. She likes my message board friends.)

10 Likes

Thank you for so so much help!
And all the links and blogs for @darkmite2 that I got to use!

3 Likes

Not me.

7 Likes

:heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

I can’t believe it’s already over :cry: But I’m so glad you were able to have such a fun time and not let the start of the trip ruin things. Your family (including you, of course) are amazing! Safe travels home!

6 Likes

That’s cuz you’re a transplant. :wink:

3 Likes

following, I just saw this, you’re almost done but I wnat to go back and read it

2 Likes

I don’t wear socks with sandals either, of course I too am a transplant. :smile: We are the sane ones, of course.

5 Likes

Safe travels home Stacy and family. I hope you enjoyed UOR! I hope everyone had a fun time despite it not being Disney.

6 Likes

Ok, until right now I would’ve told you that that was part of the backlot tour at Disney!!

I have pics from there in 1991 - my only trip as a kid. We did both Disney and Universal back then, so details like that (especially of things that don’t exist anymore) all blur together.

That does explain, however, why our pic at the Bates Motel is on foot rather than on a ride. I have questioned that for years!! :woman_facepalming:t4::joy::joy:

So was this located around where city walk is now?

3 Likes

I’m sorry to hear about your friend’s mum.

2 Likes

You definitely tempted fate with this name! Thanks for sharing your trip with us, it has been fun!

2 Likes

The entrance to Hard Rock Cafe was right beside the house so I think it must have been behind it? My memories are from 1992 so also a bit fuzzy!

3 Likes

Thank you for participating!! I felt like you all we with me.

How many days til your trip.

2 Likes

53 I think! On the downward slope now.

5 Likes