Let's do another Disney Birthday Trip! 2020 version!

After thinking I was going to “take it easy” in 2020 to save up for the big 5-0 in 2021, I totally changed the 2021 plans and voila! extra vacation money. So…

Beth’s Disney Birthday 2020 is on!!

This one’s with a room and ticket package - but you have to wait until July 18 to see where I’m staying!! Ha!!! I’m also doing Memory Maker because I love the pics! And Deluxe Dining Package - not trying to “screw the Mouse” on it but rather to just have as much paid up front as possible. I know that MANY people will look at my dining plans and be like “Why DxDP?” but it’s what I decided to do.

Today was my ADR day, and I tried to make them relative-ish to my park plans for the day - some days I have 2 “planned”. All but 1 I made for 2 because I have friends in the area who may join me for a meal or two (the one I only made for 1 will be obvious in the list). I got up early even on a day off from school and went to Starbucks to be online (long story - basically protesting how the cable company only values new customers…other than ADR day it’s no big deal). Got my coffee, logged onto the computer, pulled out my list of my desired ADRs in order of probable difficulty of booking, and got my phone ready too (I know how to work this thing!).

6:00am came and I started! By 6:15 here is what I had…

7/18 - 4:45pm Skipper Canteen

7/19 - 8:05am Garden Grill
5:05pm Beaches and Cream

7/20 (birthday itself) - 7:30am 'Ohana
2:30pm Tiffins

7/21 - 9:00am Topolino’s Terrace
6:05pm Coral Reef (this is the one that will hopefully get changed to Le Cellier which appears to not be loaded at all yet as there is nothing for ANY size party, ANY time, ANY day during my trip or the week or so leading up - and I know sometimes things are not all loaded for whatever reason. I’m checking AND a res finder is set)

7/22 - 8:10am Tusker House (a tough choice as I love Bon Voyage Breakfast as well and could not fit it in, but since this is a split AK/MK day, having breakfast in AK made more sense than going to a resort and then going to AK after eating - if the gluten-free options at Topolino’s aren’t great (my TA is going in May and if she doesn’t get a pic from one of her colleagues before she is going to take a pic for me) I’ll try to change that one to BVB)
7:00pm Cinderella’s Royal Table (the only one I made for just me because of the pre-blocking of 2 credits per person)

7/23 - 8:00am Crystal Palace (gotta get my Pooh and Friends fix!!)
4:00pm BOG (If Le Cellier comes through this will change to a 1-credit place) - a final dinner before the Tragical Express (flight at 9:57pm, so I figure I’m good with a 4pm dinner somewhere)

At 7, I called to book the ROL Dessert Party as I was using a gift card and got that for 7/20 as well!!

The remaining credit will be a CS breakfast (should be anyway) when I arrive - get my mug, get some food after a 5:00am flight, then head to MK.

I’ve got my fingers crossed that they extend AK After Hours - if they do and the schedule holds true, it should be on my birthday as well!!!

Other than the couple of tweaks that might happen (Coral Reef becoming Le Cellier, changing Topolino’s pending the menu, BOG if I get Le Cellier), I’m feeling pretty solid about this one!

Excited!!!

18 Likes

Oh, also, just as a note… IF the menu for the Space restaurant is good (including for allergies) I may forego Le Cellier for that. Assuming it’s open and taking ADRs (and DP) by then.

1 Like

Ha! This sounds great!!! Good for you!!!

1 Like

Great Plan!

1 Like

A couple of minor changes…

Arrival morning I booked a late breakfast at a TS at my resort so I figure I will grab my mug either before or after at the QS. :slight_smile: Since I have the Deluxe package might as well do a TS.

I had changed the 7/21 dinner to La Hacienda but then decided to stop waiting for Le Celier and go with Jiko!! A first!

That change meant that I would only have one credit for a final meal, so I’ve opted to go with Chef Mickey’s for an early dinner on the 23rd (rather than BoG). I know it gets mixed reviews, but friends have always had good experiences, and I like the idea of saying good-bye to my Disney trip with Mickey and friends!!

Woohoo!! And yes, resort (still keeping it a secret!!) is still the same. Made a slight change to room type based on discounts, but same resort. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

:rofl: I somehow missed the original post but as I was just reading it now I thought “I bet she changes that breakfast to a TS”… and then I read your update

1 Like

Ok from the clues you have given we can safely say that you are not at a value so that is 5 down.

4 Likes

I think the change from LeCellier to Jiko is a good choice. Great food, IMO, and two top tables next to the window.

3 Likes

Ok, you can laugh now @MouseGirl42 - I changed my resort.

I can now reveal I was going to finally stay at the Polynesian, but with all the mess with Epcot and now Spaceship Earth being closed, I’m sure the vast majority of my time will be spent at Animal Kingdom, so changing to AKL just made sense. With the summer rate sale, I got a Savanna View room and am getting money back as I’d already paid for the trip! Added advantage is I can go back to my room and clean up and change before Jiko, and then if I decide to go to Epcot for Evening EMH I can change back into “park clothes”.

Arrival breakfast has changed from Kona (which is what it was) to Boma…though I might still change that. We’ll see. Now that my cruise on Celebrity Edge is over (FABULOUS time!!) I can focus on tweaking this one!! (If they’ll ever announce if they’re doing After Hours for the time I’m there - preferably AK, but I’d take MK - that would help a lot!)

9 Likes

I love Boma breakfast, keep it!

3 Likes

I remember our birthdays were close when you planning a trip to DLR (mine is 7/15), but I didn’t realize that we were also close in age! I actually assumed that you were quite a few years younger than me! My 50th is in 2023 and I am hoping to do three castles in three weeks, but we will see what happens…

Either way, I am excited to “tag along” for your planning and eventually your actual trip.

3 Likes

Fabulous choice!! I love AKL.
And I agree with @missoverexcited–Boma breakfast is amazing.

3 Likes

Yes, Boma will be hit for breakfast at least once for sure!!

3 Likes

laugh? because you changed your resort? the one you promised over and over you weren’t going to change?

I would never. :smiley:

oh wait. I totally would. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

5 Likes

A few itinerary/restaurant changes to go with the resort change - and increase of time in AK.

7/18

• arrival scheduled to MCO at 7:37
  • DME to AKL
  • 9:45 Boma Breakfast
  • to MK for the day
  • 6:30 Skipper Canteen dinner

7/19

• 8:05 Garden Grill breakfast**
  • probably Epcot for the day
  • 5:05 Beaches & Cream dinner with my friend Katie
  • leaning towards Studios for the evening (Star Wars is a non-issue for me, so going in the evening is not a big loss) and Fantasmic with Studios evening EMH

7/20 (birthday)

• 7:30 'Ohana breakfast**
  • Animal Kingdom for the day
  • 2:30 Tiffins
  • ROL Dessert Party

7/21

• 9:05am Topolino’s Terrace
  • possibly Epcot for the day, taking it slow and exploring World Showcase more in depth if needed OR Disney Springs for the day (leaning towards the latter)
  • 5:00pm Jiko
  • to Epcot for the evening show (be it Epcot Forever or Harmonius) and evening EMH

7/22

• 8:45 Crystal Palace
  • MK for the day with evening EMH - probably will take a break and head to Trader Sam’s or Enchanted Rose or something in the afternoon
  • 7:00 Cinderella’s Royal Table dinner

7/23

• 8:30 Tusker House breakfast
  • Animal Kingdom for the day until about 3:30
  • 5:00 Boma dinner, then the wait for the Tragical Express back for a 9:57pm flight

** These may be changed to Cape May Cafe, Chef Mickey’s, or Trattoria Bon Voyage. We’ll see.

All evening plans are pending any After Hours events for MK or AK that go on sale.

4 Likes

Sounds like an excellent trip!

1 Like

Sounds like a great trip! I’m eating at AKL this trip just to see it for future trips. Can’t wait to read about your trip!

2 Likes

Well… Go ahead and laugh. Another change.

CBR. It was my first resort and it’s got a special place n my heart and I haven’t stayed there in a while. Even though I’m not a fan of the death buckets, I’ll suck it up.

A few dining changes as well (once I’m more settled on them, I’ll call and ensure birthday is noted on all as at this point it’s kind of like the Sneetches after they’d run out of money running in and out of the star on and star off machines - I’m not sure which I started with and which I have added . LOL.

Here’s what I have now:

7/18

• arrival scheduled to MCO at 7:37
  • DME to CBR
  • grab my mug and something using a snack credit
  • to MK for the day
  • 6:30 Skipper Canteen dinner

7/19

• 8:05 Garden Grill breakfast
  • probably Epcot for the morning
  • 2:30 - Sangria University at Three Bridges at Coronado
  • 5:05 Beaches & Cream dinner with my friend Katie
  • leaning towards Studios for the evening (Star Wars is a non-issue for me, so going in the evening is not a big loss) and Fantasmic with Studios evening EMH - Katie is on board with an evening park

7/20 (birthday)

• 8:10 - Bon Voyage Breakfast (will move it to 8:30 if I can just in case the death buckets have issues - res finder won’t really help with the hour each side window)
  • Animal Kingdom for the day
  • 1:00 FOTLK Tier 1 w/3:30pm show
  • ROL Dessert Party

7/21

• 8:30am Topolino’s Terrace with my friend Cristen (all day play time)
  • maybe Studios for the day
  • 5:30pm La Hacienda
  • stay in Epcot for the evening show (be it Epcot Forever or Harmonius) and evening EMH

7/22

• 8:45 Crystal Palace
  • MK for the day with evening EMH - probably will take a break and head to
  • 5:30pm Topolino’s Terrace for dinner
  • back to MK for evening EMH

7/23

• 8:30 Tusker House breakfast
  • Animal Kingdom for the day until about 3:30
  • 5:00 Sebastian’s Bistro dinner, then the wait for the Tragical Express back for a 9:57pm flight

Yay!

5 Likes

Every version sounds like a great trip!

2 Likes

I will be at WDW at the exact same time as you! We are at BLT! Love your choices! We are at some of the same meals but on different days. Sounds like a fun trip!

1 Like