“Let’s Keep a Little Optimism Here.” - A Family Trip Report

No offense to Jeff (I owe him my life)- but there has to be a way to explain this that people understand it immediately.

Right?

3 Likes

Part of my problem was trying to figure it out while on the run and in the sweltering heat. I was very nervous using it that first time. I think it was for Winnie the Pooh.

2 Likes

Definitely not something you want to try to process while multitasking.

2 Likes

I think the problem is that you have to “unlearn what you have learned.” We experienced liners all know what an “Anytime Pass” / “MEP” is, and so when you first hear the term, “Golden Ticket,” it sounds intuitive, we think we know what it is, and so your brain skips all the details that follow.

Like if I had a paragraph that started out:

“A car is a vehicle that drives on the road and …”

You’d tune that out real fast and just skip it. But the real trick is in the fine print.

So that’s my theory about why it is hard to explain. “I know what a car is! So why are you telling me I don’t know what a car is?!”

Until that :bulb: moment.

Also this. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

How did it originally get figured out?! How did that first person to use it know that it would work like that?

2 Likes

Great question. :thinking: Probably someone went to use the Anytime Pass that they had a later LL for, and when they finished, they realized their LL was gone but their Anytime Pass was still there.

3 Likes

Oh, that makes sense. But I probably still wouldn’t have figured it out to try again. I would have thought it was a fluke :joy:

2 Likes

Exactly :blush: :hugs:

2 Likes

And then they did the same thing with a different LL and noticed the same happened :smiley:

The real awesomeness of it is in the fact that you can keep doing the same, again and again!!

3 Likes