“Let’s Keep a Little Optimism Here.” - A Family Trip Report

That’s so awesome you have family close by. What a spread! Hope everyone continues to recover and you don’t get it.

7 Likes

So sweet of your in-laws.

6 Likes

Wow that’s so awesome!

4 Likes

I’m trying to decide what this reaction is for. Are you sad they got a cake? :joy: Or is this happy tears? I guess I can sympathize for happy tears for a cake. LOL

5 Likes

If anyone would cry happy tears for cake, it would be me!

11 Likes

If someone brought me a roast OR mashed potatoes OR cooked garden veggies OR a cake, I’d cry happy tears.

After the week Jennifer has had, I am so glad someone is there loving on her.

20 Likes

Wow!! Great start for your trip!
Sorry for asking, what is Merlock??

1 Like

Merlock is BG1. There is an entire thread about it in the La Cava section. It is awesome! Our trip was cut short by about half, but we were still able to get a lot packed into our days.

4 Likes

Thanks Jennifer! I’m reading your review just now. I was not able to follow it before. You got to meet the liners at Epcot! :smile:
I do have BG1, it is amazing how easy it is to get used to it. Disney should learn from Joel. I don’t know that liners had named it Merlock though.

8 Likes

It was so easy to use!

I’m just sitting here going through some of our Memory Maker photos. I almost didn’t get it this time because I knew we were buying Genie every day and getting park hoppers. Don insisted because he likes the ride photos and thinks it forces us to stop for a few family pictures. I’m glad we got it even though we only were able to use it half the time. That was an unusual circumstance. I think we will almost always find value in it.

14 Likes

28 Likes

26 Likes

Did you get all your ride photos? I’m missing so many.

4 Likes

30 Likes

No! We are missing some. And some have other people in them.

4 Likes

Ugh. Sorry.

1 Like

Getting Luke and Leia vibes!

4 Likes

They’ve grown up loving Star Wars. Brandon is watching them all again in quarantine even though he watched them on the road trip!

11 Likes

The cool thing is you get two Christmases (or holiday of preference), two birthdays, two visits from tooth fairy, two tvs for your two bedrooms, and on and on. Two of everything.

And eleventy million grandparents.

The bad thing is you’ll spend every minute rushing from parent to parent to parent to parent to grandparent to grandparent to grandparent to grandparent to grand parent to grandparent to grandparent and to grandparent so you really don’t get to enjoy the holiday at all.

Ask me how I know

9 Likes