Len Testa Admiration Thread

My first trip to Disney World was January 2014 and I planned for that trip for well over a year. I read my highlighted, dog eared, well worn, Unofficial Guide cover to cover (a couple of times). I had a question about something (didn’t know about Chat back then) so I emailed the general TP email and I GOT A RESPONSE FROM THE @Lentesta!!! WHAT?!?!?! I had never felt so cool. Even the hunky husband was impressed. His response was “The guy who wrote that huge book with all of the Disney crap you’ve been reading emailed you back?” That man has a way with words, y’all.

Thank you @Lentesta for answering my silly question and letting me know about Chat. You are the bomb dot com!

9 Likes

Thank you @lentesta for all that has been previously mentioned. Who knew when I first joined lines April 2010 that I would still be here over 4 years later. Hats off to you.

3 Likes

In amongst all the “official” guides it was UG that appealled to this happy little Aussie girl … I consumed from cover to cover it in 3 days (was also the first book I uploaded to my iPad) and thought it was the bees knees and then I founds lines STRUTH!!! All kinds of awesome that I’m always banging on about happened after that … Len is not only awesome he is a magician because of UG lines and liner peeps our once in a lifetime trip to WDW was brilliant and we’re planning our return trip … And that my friends was NEVER on the cards … So Len a huge thank you sir to you!!! :

6 Likes

The last few days (since the opening of the forum) Len has randomly asked for a liner to be in charge on chat while he stepped away to do the business of touring plans. The first person to respond is assigned. That was me on Tuesday… the “how dare they have a private lounged, this is the end of lines” day… I earned my badge :wink:

6 Likes

Love love love your quote @ejj … Totally using it come Monday

2 Likes

You sure did earn it @felesh! :clap:

3 Likes

I love @Lentesta for creating this awesome place where I’ve “met” (and then actually met in real life) some wonderful new friends. He’s also taught me to listen REALLY fast by how quickly he talks on podcasts.

2 Likes

(There is a "kissed @Lentesta"s butt badge, right? Isn’t that why we’re all doing this?)

8 Likes

@Lentesta rocks simply because of everything about Lines and TP. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@tashtoo Wow, thanks for the compliment. To give credit where it is due, I adapted it from a quote I heard John F Kennedy say at a press conference, when asked to define happiness/success:

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence.” -John F. Kennedy

That thought really had an effect on me. And after experiencing many people one morning complaining it was Monday… I decided to counteract it. :wink:

At any rate, Len does indeed embody that mindset as well or better than most people I know… myself included. :wink:

4 Likes

Who’s this @Lentesta everyone’s talking about and whats a touring plan?

9 Likes

@GrumpyInBrooklyn Haha!!

2 Likes

@Lentesta replied to one of my threads! Grateful for you and the teams work. You do a great job.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info! That’s a big responsibility. :slight_smile: And, you stepped right into controversy. At least you didn’t get the wheel on the ‘chat is only for in-park guests’ day. Gauging by everyone’s response, it’s surprising that didn’t make the national news. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It amazes me too when he does this. Talk about customer service. Disney would be proud. In fact, it wouldn’t surprise me if Disney tried to purchase Lines for- like- a lot of clam shells.

4 Likes

Thank You! @Lentesta

1 Like

Hoping to meet you one day @Lentesta so that I can thank you in person!

2 Likes

Thank you, @lentesta, for giving me a place to hang out and converse with other Disney nuts like myself. Liners have made my bad days brighter and my great days more magnificent, and you’re the one who allowed that to happen.

You’ve been unbelievably helpful, kind, & understanding as most of us went into utter meltdown mode when we thought our own personal Disney world was crashing down around us. You treated us as adults and gave us reasons for the necessary change and didn’t just say, “Because I said so” or “It’s our baby (& @LaurelStewart) and we make the decisions.” You even continue to ask us for our opinions!!!

Of course, it goes without saying that my friends and family think I’m a Disney goddess and it’s all because of you, the UG, & Lines.

I appreciate you (& @LaurelStewart & the rest of the team) more than you’ll ever know. Thank you! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

You guys are positively glowing in that shot. (ho ho ho)

2 Likes

Thanks @len @Lentesta and team! You guys rock!