"Len is My Genie+" T-shirt

I was going to ask if we are married to this vendor in a way that cannot be undone. Because it seems to be completely arbitrary as to what gets flagged and what gets through.

I just ordered the grey one, as designed, to see if it is an issue when the designs are transferred to other products.

The only reason we’ve gone with them so far was everything was already setup (so the bank accounts and the verifications of that were already done. Which sped up the time line to get the new designs out.).

Personally, I was liking them for their design interface. I found it incredibly flexible for designs, especially on ones like this where you could make several “versions” for the buyer to edit.

1 Like

Yeah that piece is cool and that folks can customize things more or less completely to their liking is super great.

Could that be what is setting off the “copyright alarms”???

your guess is as good as anyone’s at this point. Their “checker” is obviously algorithm-based. I can’t even fathom what it’s latching on to. Especially with this design.

Cause it also falls under “parody” which circumvents most copyright problems.

2 Likes

If you switch vendors could you see if the next one has more than one option for pooh-sized women? This one seems a bit straight cut on the sides. Since I’m much bigger up top, if the shirt has a womanly shape I look fine. V-necks are good too.

That is why I am testing it with an order.

3 Likes

I will reply to Zazzle and ask what gives. I was going to wait to make sure they actually send the aqua one first though - didn’t want to screw that up! I ordered exactly as designed, just transferred to a button instead of a T-shirt. The only difference between the 2 would have been the genie color… and certainly the grey shouldn’t have triggered anything. Will report back what I hear.
Thanks for all your work on this! Love the design.

3 Likes

There’s other t-shirt cuts you can put the design to. However, we won’t have much choice in t-shirt cuts. Especially when it comes to these “on demand design” places.

Either way, we won’t completely abandon Zazzle, no need to as it’s not like it hurts us, just more like adding other avenues.

1 Like

Not in the larger sizes. But, I’m used to it.

Great idea. Looking forward to seeing how this ends up.

My t-shirt shipped. I ordered the same design that was cancelled for @jperry2013 . It seems to be an issue when you apply designs to a new product.

1 Like

is it possible it was reading a dual-sided print that wasn’t cleared off and thus caused an error?

Maybe but as you pointed out they said it was a copyright issue? I still think I am missing something - somewhere

If they printed and shipped the shirt, it’s definitely not a copyright issue, no matter what was said before. Cause nothing was changed.

1 Like

Yes, that was why I ordered that one.

1 Like

someone just needs to go over to Zazzle and smack’em around. :smirk:

Is their headquarters in Toronto by chance? Cause I know someone who will be there for a couple of weeks who could perform this role nicely. :wink:

5 Likes

Actually, he could get on that now! He’s just an isle over!

1 Like

Update for my cancelled pin order:
I had emailed Zazzle and asked them to explain exactly why it violated their policy, especially considering they allowed the aqua design but not the grey one. I had stated there should be no copyright issue here and asked exactly what element triggered the cancellation.
Today I received an email “reply” stating my original order was approved and would be shipped. No further explanation at all.
I still haven’t received the aqua pins they originally approved, but tracking says its on its way.
Not so helpful to us, but at least I might get my pins!

7 Likes