Leading Reservations for dining?

So today is supposed to be my leading reservation booking day and none of my dates are showing up for booking dining except for Monday august 22.

Did I do the math wrong?
My leading reservation is booked for aug 12-29 (actual stay is 22/29)

I hate Disney IT

1 Like

Does it only allow you to book for the first 10 days of your stay?

You should be all set - each day will open up as it is the 60+10th day out (youā€™ll be able to book for the 23rd tomorrow etc).

2 Likes

Ohhh gotcha. Thanks!!!
I thought that might be the case but itā€™s been a while since I did a leading I forgot!!

2 Likes

Thatā€™s it. I have 8/12-26 booked as leading (actual stay 8/20-26) and could do through the 22nd this morning. Tomorrow the 23rd will open, Wednesday the 24th will open, etc.

1 Like

Sorry if this has been answered before, but I was wondering why the lead reservation has to go all the way through the end of the stay (and not just up to the start of the main room reservation). I originally had the lead end at the start of the other, but just noticed that the spreadsheet (thanks!) says to book all the way through.

Hereā€™s an exampleā€¦

I made my leading for 8/12-26 with an actual stay of 8/20-26.

Today I was able to book 8/21 and 8/22 (not doing an ADR on 8/20).
Had I not made the leading or had I made the leading up to 8/20 I would have been waiting until the window opened for 8/20 which is June 21. Iā€™ll be able to book my next ones each day going forward. With the leading going through the end of my stay, Iā€™m DONE booking ADRs before that opens.

If Iā€™d just booked 8/12-20, the ability to keep tagging on would not be there. It would end with 8/20 UNTIL June 21 at which point the rest of the days open. So you totally negate the +10 and then one day at a time that the leading gives you.

5 Likes

Because a new reservation starts the 60 day clock over.

8 Likes

You said it much simpler than I just did. :smiley:

3 Likes

To add to what the others said above:

You donā€™t get more than 60 days for days you are NOT staying on property. So your advantage for your leading reservation ends the day your leading reservation ends, because the system assumes you are leaving Disney property (as Ryan said, the clock resets for each new reservation). It doesnā€™t automatically meld your two reservations together as a single stay.

3 Likes

You all are THE BEST!

1 Like

whoopsiesā€¦ going off to modify my reservationā€¦

(somehow I missed the logic of why it needed to go to the end of the real reservation. Thank you @nnunnelly for asking!)

4 Likes

can you amend a leading resevation to move the checkout date further out? without impacting bookings already made?
I need ideally to switch from 7 day to 14 days.

Yes, I extended mine online with no issues.

2 Likes

thanks

1 Like

So far, so good!! Thanks to my leading Iā€™ve gotten:

8/21 - 7:30am Boma
8/22 - 11:30am Space220 (restaurant)
8/23 - 11:30am Boathouse (via OpenTable earlier)
8/24 - 6:30pm Skipper Canteen

Tomorrow itā€™s going for Topolinoā€™s Breakfast and La Hacienda dinner.

7 Likes

I listened to this in my way home today:

One hint? All about how leading reservations work.

5 Likes

Accomplished todayā€¦

8/25 - 7:30am Topolinoā€™s Terrace breakfast; 6:30pm La Hacienda Dinner

Made a couple of minor tweaks yesterday, so here is the current line-upā€¦

8/21 - 7:30am Boma
8/22 - 11:30am Space220 Lounge; 6:30pm Beaches & Cream
8/23 - 11:30am Boathouse (via OpenTable earlier)
8/24 - 6:30pm Skipper Canteen
8/25 - 7:30am Topolinoā€™s Terrace; 6:30pm La Hacienda

One day to go. Planning to go for Tusker House breakfastā€¦but also debating if I want to take up park time on my last day with a dining reservationā€¦

4 Likes

That looks great!

1 Like

Iā€™m not going to do a leading reservation, but thanks for the reminder about open table. Booked Boathouse, Raglan Road & will book Paddlefish when the date opens up. (Staying at Saratoga, so good time to check out more DS restaurants)

I donā€™t think we are doing any super hard to gets, we have already done all the ones we have wanted to do in previous trips. So, Iā€™ll just wait for 67 days out to book.

2 Likes