Leading Reservations for dining?

!!!

While I have this reservation, for further research, I booked an ADR for 5/18 and another for 5/27 (both worthless ones for 2 people). Iā€™ll cancel the hotel reservation tomorrow when itā€™s 60 days away from the first ADR but still 69 away from the second and see what happens and when without any onsite stay.

3 Likes

For science! :test_tube:

1 Like

Exactly. I expect ADR1 to stick, so thatā€™s a negative control. The test is for ADR2.

1 Like

Iā€™m gonna give this a try starting Saturday. So I just book a stay starting 10 days before my actual stay for through the first day of my stay (Iā€™m doing All Star Movies) do I need it be a package or is just the hotel room enough? Then each day at the window I can book 70 days out. Wait to cancel the leading reservation until Iā€™m within my real reservation window and Iā€™m good?

3 Likes

Just a hotel room. Everything else you described is correct to my understanding.

1 Like

It needs to be through your entire stay, not just the first day.

3 Likes

Whoops, sorry I missed that part. Yes, we established earlier in this thread that it needs to be length of stay.

2 Likes

The ā€œfakeā€ booking needs to be through my entire real reservation? So I have two reservations for the same dates?

Yes. Itā€™s no problem. I have like 4 on the same dates for next year as I try to firm up my plans!

Sorry, I just re-read your post. I think you actually can do what you were just saying. If you are walking your reservation day by day, you can start 10 days before through your 1st day, then walk it day by day.

But it would be easier to just make it length of stay so you donā€™t have to walk it and just cancel it once at the end. You can have overlapping reservations under your name, so thereā€™s no problem there. Also it doesnā€™t cost you any more to reserve 10 days vs. 30 days - you only pay 1 day upfront for hotel only reservations.

You will have to book each day of your reservations one day at a time the way you are doing it. For me, I am starting my leading reservation on the same day as my actual trip since I donā€™t have any hard to get reservations early on. But since I have a split stay I donā€™t want to have multiple booking windows.

1 Like

Oh gotcha that make sense! This way I donā€™t have to wake up at 4:30am every day. I see.

Edit: Iā€™m CDT so Iā€™m pretty sure it opens about 6am Eastern right?

2 Likes

Someone up above said 7am Eastern for online, 8am Eastern for phone reservations.

1 Like

Yay 5:30am wake up time woot

1 Like

Just to be clear, the most days in advance you can book is 60+10 = 70 days. So if you want to book something for each day as early as possible, you will have to book each day one at a time (regardless of how you have your leading reservation set up). But that is probably unnecessary.

@Tall_Paul1 said the hardest to get reservations were all mostly still available at 64 days out. So even if you wanted to book one day at a time, you would probably be fine to just wait till later in the day on day 70 rather than wake up at 5am!

2 Likes

Yeah I was just figuring that out. To be at 70 days for everything it would still be a day by dayā€¦

1 Like

I said that, then I corrected it. Itā€™s 6am online and 7am to call.

1 Like

Yikes thatā€™s 3am my time! I ainā€™t waking up that early, so I guess Iā€™m gonna risk missing a reservation or two.

1 Like

Yeah, another reason for the leading reservation!

4 Likes

Itā€™s not early if you just stay up til 3! :rofl:

3 Likes