Leading Reservations for dining?

Any insight???

I am having an issue too maybe someone can shed some light. I am on my 3rd day of leading reservations and so far so good- I was able to get 3 popular ADRs- B&C, TH, and 50’s no problem.

But… Looking ahead to the next ADRs and dessert party. So the other day we were discussing dessert party being available only 60 days on the app, but 60+10 on MDE online. But yesterday I actually clicked on the 60 + 10 date and tried making a rez just to test it and see the price, and it said no availability. So I thought- even though it was 60+10, maybe I checked late at night and it was all booked since it is popular, and there is only one time for the dessert party, it was sold out. I wanted to wake up early today and check to verify. I was up nice and early again today 4 am figuring it won’t sell out this early - my internal alarm seems set now to wake up and book ADRs lol- I tried on app, desktop, I tried searching specifically for the dessert party, and then searched generally for ALL ADR availability for that day and time, and then tried searching by “dinner”. Nothing.

But then I also noticed when I searched for any availability on July 28- which again was 60+10, that a bunch of things popped up with no availability. Teppan Edo, Chef Mickey both breakfast and dinner, dessert party Ohana and quite few others.

So basically it seems like when I search for those I mentioned, there is nothing open for any days. I literally searched almost all 70 days various times, one at a time, and there’s nothing for those, and so - although so far so good- starting tomorrow and for the next 7 days, it seems like everything I will want has not been available as of yet. CM, TOP, Dessert party, TE,.

Since it has been a few days I don’t think it’s a glitch? Anyone have any insight of what may be the problem why nothing is available even at +10. Anyone see any availability for any of those on ANY days?

Hope that makes sense- sorry for long post just wanted to be as detailed as I could. Here’s a pic showing 28 no availability at 60+10. Thanks

IT clearly is having a field day getting in there and doing VQ things for GotG and reservations things with their “never have we ever” bs.

The long detailed post is good. There are a lot of people trying to make reservations about this time so we’ll keep an eye out and post if we experience same/different.

Last Disney Dish, Len (I think) mentioned that there are rumors that sooner rather than later ressies could go back to 180(?) days out instead 60.

So, it’s funny but it’s true. The more time my dad spent under the hood of his car/trucks, the more things would break. IT fiddling around with all it is has me more than a little concerned at this point.

5 Likes

Oh, bother. I think the 180 days out thing is ridiculous! I was so happy when Disney switched it…but perhaps they are having too many issues with the 60+LOS scenarios, including leading reservations, that they don’t want to deal with any longer?

Still, hope this rumor is just a rumor and not soon to be reality. BUT, fortunately, we have pretty much nailed down what reservations we want for our December trip, so we’re ready if/when it does happen.

6 Likes

This is what I am seeing for WAT and Rhinos too. Not a single spot open from now until July 23 does not seem accurate based on previos searches. And the person my issue got escelated too saw 1 booking but said it was otherwise closed, that the team had not opened it yet.

Something in the system is glitchy. They are leaving a looooot of money out there.

1 Like

Well the good news is that if it is closed for everyone, when it does open there should be a lot of availability since nobody was able to book.

I’ll keep checking and posting. Tomorrow 60+ 10 supposed to be HDD but that doesn’t open until May 26 for everyone so I’ll try then, and see if I can get Teppan Edo this Saturday, and if not I will call and let them know it is +10 and it shouldn’t be sold out- and see what they say!

1 Like

Amazing! Thanks!

1 Like

I’m not sure about Dessert Party but I will tell you that the Harmonious dinners dump weirdly and not at 60+10 for everyone…I got mine at like 60+3 or something weird and was checking every day. So maybe dessert parties are like that?

Also I have noticed when I get up when rezzies are supposed to drop (5am my time) I cannot book a serious chunk of them even by 5:30am but if I go back to sleep and try again at 7:30am when I wake up I can…so I think sometimes their open has issues which is why I do leading and don’t bother waking myself up at 445am anymore…I haven’t yet had trouble getting anything at 730am 70 days out.

I’m having the same issue with Sci-Fi. No availability for the entirety of our visit, checking each day at 60+10.

I better do this for my trip, just in case.

I have ideas what we want but should really start the planning— how exciting!!!

Same thing again this morning bunch of stuff not available. I think I’ll bite the billet and wait on hold two hours to talk to someone. I’ll report back if I hear anything.

1 Like

It’s weird. I played around with a couple of different combinations and different restaurants. Many restaurants that fill up quickly have open availability. But Sci-Fi, CRT, and BOG have no availability, whatsoever, regardless of the time or group size, and booking is not even open to everyone yet.

1 Like

1 hr 37 minute hold, all of a sudden I stopped hearing “It’s a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow” for the 53rd time- I check my phone- CALL FAILED…

2 Likes

Oh. NO.

2 Likes

Oh no! That is infuriating.

2 Likes

OK so another 1 hr and about 45 min. hold- I spoke with a nice CM who basically confirmed that there is no availability for - for example- CM or Teppan Edo- and a bunch of other stuff, on July 29 which today is 60+10. She apologized and said she doesn’t know why, and doesn’t know when they will be available. I even gave her my leading rez conf. number and she tried that way. But she also said it looks like nobody has reservations for those restaurants on or in the few days before July 29.

So I guess I will just keep on checking. I’m sure they’ll realize they have no reservations and fix it soon. But it is frustrating for someone like me who likes to plan ahead and now can’t. ( I mean really, that’s the whole point of the leading rez). Ironically my first 3 days I did get everything I wanted and today I wasn’t planning on booking anything anyway, so really not a problem for me yet. I just wanted to be proactive and try and understand for tomorrow and the rest of the days if this keeps happening- which I’m sure it will-then why?

Little awkward when she asked- and you’re staying July 16-August 2nd, and then- I see you have no theme park reservations. I just said my parents are going too and I’m waiting to see what their plans are.

Anyway---- That’s that for now

3 Likes

I was trying again for the fireworks cruise (still not open for booking) and the CM offered to add you both to my WAT reservation on the 22nd. Are you interested in doing that?

…but it didn’t work when she tried. (I was going to add you and cancel if you weren’t interested).

2 Likes

That is so nice! Thank you! I would have taken you up on it. The system is super wonky right now.

1 Like

I am having the same experience with Sci Fi and 'Ohana are usually tough but have never had zero at 60+7

Agree it is so frustrating as a planner.

Hey, Liners. Long time lurker and compulsive touring plan user, first time posting. Just to add a data point: I just had to call in yesterday to cancel my leading res. 11-day trip in July, had no trouble making any of my desired reservations with the leading in place (I had a room-only leading res).

Waited about 20 min. on hold. Cast member canceled the leading res for me without comment or question. The leading res disappeared from MDE immediately, and all my dining and other reservations were retained perfectly.

So, other than having to call, a smooth process and Disney didn’t seem to have any concerns.

(FWIW I did have several phone interactions with CM in the planning days, and at least a couple times they noticed the multiple reservations and commented on them, but didn’t seem concerned in any way. I always just said we were still firming up our plans. I didn’t bother with any subterfuge, all reservations were made on my main MDE account. No issues whatsoever, YMMV, obviously.)

15 Likes

Thank you - I think you meant me :slight_smile: Fireworks cruise sounds fun too. I don’t arrive till July 25.