Leading Reservations for dining?

Yay? :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

And Iā€™m on the phone now (well, just requested a call back) to cancel the 2 that I have. The message on the recording CONFIRMS that there is/was a way to cancel online.

So this ā€œitā€™s always been this wayā€ is in direct opposition to their official WDW Reservations recording.

They just called back, Iā€™ll let you know how it goes.

10 Likes

It really works out just fine. I have had no trouble getting the ADRs we want before a trip.

3 Likes

Thanks.

1 Like

Ok. So I just canceled the 2 reservations I had that were 29 and 30 nights without any problems.

8 Likes

Does this mean your epic WDW trip is off for this December?

By call, chat, website, or app?

Those were just my leading reservations in case Disney really decides to do a policy change.

So far we are still going. :crossed_fingers:

She kept pushing me to modify instead and then made sure to tell me in a very serious voice to make sure I purchase all my tickets and make PRā€™s now.

Put that together with all of the discounts that are being pushed and the easy ā€œcancelā€ button dissappearing and I wonder if thereā€™s more going on that we arenā€™t aware of.

4 Likes

I wasnā€™t playing around. I called in.

And if they called me out for having leadings I was going to ask them where in writing specifically stating that having multiple options for various pay scales isnā€™t allowed. That I was under the impression that we had up until 5 days before to cancel for any reason and that we didnā€™t need to give them that reason for it.

10 Likes

Interesting. Glad you are still going! We need to have a Fab 4/5 + Bubblez evening in Epcot without stupid masks!

3 Likes

I was asked about my leading when I called in for something a couple of weeks ago. I currently have 3 ā€œrealā€ trips and I had 1 leading/overlapping, which I had not other plans for. She mentioned I didnā€™t have any park passes and I just told her I was still making decisions.

3 Likes

Just let me know the date and Iā€™ll be there regardless (in case we do need to push to next year).

He can talk me out of 2 months, but he wonā€™t talk me out of a quick trip!

4 Likes

The dates are sometime after Thanksgiving to sometime before Christmas. Howā€™s that?
:rofl:

3 Likes

I will return to your post if/when I have to call, if they call me out, and I will use your response.
Iā€™m afraid Iā€™ll fold under pressure " Yes, you caught me-I am a cheater. Cancel my dining!"

I have to say, booking for 8, one a newbie so want some hard to get spots, it is sooooo stress free to just login and pick and choose times.
Wish it was always this wayā€¦

2 Likes

I normally fold too. And I did love this little in that we had.

But there really isnā€™t anything forbidding it, if push comes to shove. Their generic ā€œwe can cancel anything for any reasonā€ clause is all fine and dandy but there is no written policy being broken that I know of.

To avoid confrontation, if I have to cancel any more leadings, if they mention it or go to scold me, I would just keep repeating I would like to cancel this reservation number XYZ.

I havenā€™t heard one single story here where someone was scolded and then lost their regular rooms and or reservations.

4 Likes

One thing I forgot to mention is that she was shocked that I had both reservations I was cancelling under my name and that they were back to back.

She said something to the effect of ā€œOh, itā€™s under your name after all. Iā€™m surprised the computer didnā€™t kick it out for having the same lead guestā€.

My italics not hers, but it was an interesting thing to say.

Iā€™ve checked with the managers over at Beach Club.

They said that it shouldnā€™t matter and that we as a family are more than welcome to stay full length of stay (60 -ish days) at their property, but we would have to switch rooms every 29 days or so. Another lead at the front desk told me that to make it easier I should book under different names, me, then DH then me again.

4 Likes

Do they ever actually open at 60 days? And ever at a specific time? LOL DLR is one where a res finder is extremely helpful because they drop them at really weird times and in clumps of dates at a time.

4 Likes

I couldnā€™t get Carthay Circle because of this last Octā€¦but I was able to get the outdoor lounge seating which was just fine. and way cheaper!

3 Likes

same, my trip isnā€™t until late august, so Iā€™m not going to concern myself with it right now. But it really also pisses me off

3 Likes

Not Disney but an airline recently tried to question my reasoning for changing a flight under the no fee policy up to some odd number of days before the flight. I had changed my flight to attend the newly announced H2O Typhoon Lagoon party but that was none of their damn business and I told them so. Their policy was I didnā€™t have to pay a fee up to a certain date which I was well within. She kept arguing with me that I did have to pee (Iā€™m gonna leave this here because itā€™s a hillarious typoā€¦I meant pay of course!..I called a different person and they confirmed I was right and were appalled that the person had had asked my reasoning as it does NOT matter! LOL

6 Likes