Leading Reservations for dining?

Thanks for clarifying that.
I think I wasn’t clear. By “base reservation” i meant the room only hotel reservation. So, i have a leading room only reservation and a room only reservation for the days I’m in the park. I cancel the leading hotel reservation after I book my ADRs. Can I cancel the room only eservation for my actual park days and still keep my ADRs?

1 Like

Yes if you cancel your room only reservation, your ADRs will be unaffected.

However, be mindful of whether your park reservations will be shifted to another tranche (ie, AP or Theme Park guests). It’s unclear if you can lose a park reservation when you cancel an on site stay.

Question for anyone who uses 2 different Disney accounts.
Anyone had their account not let you log in and say “Something is fishy” and you’d have to reset your password?
I keep getting that lately, so think I’ll quit using my old account. :confused:

Weird. My handy-dandy little spreadsheet says I should be able to make reservations for 6/12 starting today (4/3), but its only showing I can make reservations through 6/11? It was working perfectly up through my last ADR (6/9 booked on 3/31-I double checked the confirmation email).

My leading reservation is 5/19-6/13, so it’s still within the reservation period. It’s just Teppan Edo, so should still be there tomorrow, but curious what’s off? Something wonky with my leading reservation being over so many days?

1 Like

There were a couple times when my reservation window wasn’t what I thought it should be, and usually it worked if I tried accessing through a different method or even a different route on the browser. But failing that, try tomorrow and hopefully it will work.

4 Likes

This. And whatever method worked best one morning wasn’t necessarily the best tomorrow so I was just prepared to use the app, chrome and safari every day. One of em always got me there

5 Likes

It was so weird that it was giving me 60+9 but not 60+10. Usually if it hiccuped it would give me just 60 so I’d keep trying different paths until I got 60+10. I wasn’t up to messing with it last night.

Today it’s letting me book all the way through 6/13 (60+10) so whatever.

All my Disney ADRs are booked. Going to wait to cancel until 4/15 just in case, but it sounds like it shouldn’t matter.

Of course, turns out another cousin might be visiting my Orlando cousin the night they’re joining us at Narcoossee’s, so had to take a somewhat less optimal time to +1 and a 5/5 split instead of a 6/4 split that would be better. Back to reservation finder…:joy:

Just 3 offsite reservations left that require actual phone calls. :scream:

2 Likes

Prepare to hold and listen to the same 10 min loop A LOT

1 Like

OFFsite! :sweat_smile: So hopefully not…

1 Like

oh thank goodness!

1 Like

I wanted to tell you I was thinking of moving things around and already teppan edo is 100% gone for the day I was gonna move it too so even that one is popular. I’m glad you got it. I’m like you and not sure I’m gonna go. Might prefer Kimonos or go back to DHS and ride nighttime rides just eating a light snack if they change the hours (actually I would prefer either of those options but if the girls eat with us they’ll prefer the cooked food I’m sure plus the entertainment at teppan edo). So I’ll decide by the day before based on what the girls want. But I’m sure glad I was able to snag it given it’s gone already. I can find topolinos but not teppan edo that night?!?!

1 Like

I couldn’t figure out how to unlink anything, so I opted to remove one of the adults and get the leading reservation in their name. I’ll make all the ADRs, cabana reservations, etc. in their name, then add them back to the real resort reservations just before cancelling the leading one. A little convoluted, but it gets the job done!

PS - Called Disney at 8:15CST on Sunday morning and got straight through to resort reservations, wholesale department, and internet help. No 90 minute waits!!

2 Likes

I made my initial dining reservations fine. I got what I thought I wanted at the time, although I accidentally made one for 2 and need 3 and it’s not available now. But I have some that I need to keep trying to tweak times. But every time I try, I get the following message:

“We were unable to check for available tables at this time. A problem may have occurred while looking for availability. Please ensure if you have a valid resort reservation, it is linked to your My Disney Experience account and try again.”

Same on private browser, different computer, app, safari, chrome. Signed out and back in. Cleared cookies. And it’s been doing this for 4 days. Any ideas hive mind?

Is it happening with all dining locations or just one?

Is it for a period when you have / had a leading reservation that you have since cancelled?

1 Like

It is for all 4 that I am looking to add/revise (CM,Teppan Edo, skippers, and BOG). I could call but I’m sure I will want to revise times if park hours change.

@Jeff_AZ I had a leading res that covered my dates but had to do my last 3 days day by day bc >10 days. All of that worked fine. This began about. 2 days after all my days were booked I have not canceled my leading res yet.

Example restaurant and date and I’ll try?

Ok then this shouldn’t be the issue. Hopefully it will go away on its own? Good luck!

CM May 27-28. Thanks!!

I think Disney ADR IT in general may be struggling right now (well, more than usual even) .

Going to this page and just putting in a party of 2 with a future date, sometimes I get what looks like what could be valid results, and sometimes I get basically no availability, and sometimes I get an error message. And if I try to chase through to the valid results, I occasionally succeed and sometimes just get various error messages or just spinning.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/#/reservations-accepted

When I look at “noon” on May 27 for a party of 2, I just now am only getting 6 restaurants in total, and I find it hard to believe that can be correct. And only 2 restaurants at “6pm”.

But if I look at tomorrow for noon party of 2, I get almost 30 restaurants.

2 Likes