Leading Reservations for dining?

I just had the one David’s DVC rental but yeah I think you could unlink it. The park passes haven’t gone away for me when I’ve cancelled in the past so I don’t think they get affected but I did see some discussion if your park passes went into the offsite group you could potentially get kicked out. I wouldn’t unlink or cancel any onsite reservation without having the other linked to my account first. So when you go to cancel your leading reservation, I’d link the DVC reservations back first before cancelling leading just to make sure you stay in the onsite park pass group at all times.

2 Likes

We got our tickets from Boardwalk Ticketing, so they can remain linked.

1 Like

I mean the hotel. Always have at least one on-site hotel in your MDE plans. I only thought of this because of another post about having your park reservations being put in the staying off-site group which has a different capacity so potentially you could lose your park reservation if MDE thinks you are going from a hotel guest to a day guest and when they move your park reservation there is no longer availability in the offsite capacity.

1 Like

Ah, yeah, sorry, my mind is on too many things at once! I will definitely link the other reservations again before cancelling the leading. Thanks!

2 Likes

When I tried to…bend the rules earlier, all campsites for my date were full. The best was Animation at roughly $4600, or $146 a night. Everything else jumped up to between $200-700 a night.

Not going to lie, I was a big fat chicken pants and did not reserve the room. What’s the % that they hold, and what to you get back if you cancel 60 days out?

1 Like

You pay one night for each room you book, and it is 100% refundable.

3 Likes

I just booked AllStarMovies for the cheapest nightly rate and even though I booked it for 22 nights it was just one nights stay deposit. With room only you pay the rest at checkin I think and right now it said you can cancel till day of. Normally it’s 5 days.

3 Likes

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOhhh. So much easier to explain than a random $4k charge. Whew. Thank you!

PS, I’m the type that will ask a gazillion questions for 6 months before jumping, and then right as you start to roll your eyes, I’ve already jumped in with a balloon in one hand and a dole whip in the other yelling “Come on in! The water’s fine!”

6 Likes

I do that too.

1 Like

My thought on doing this is to pick a hotel and room that is least likely to sell out for your dates. You don’t want someone else to be unable to reserve the room that they want because of your leading reservation. So, I wouldn’t pick a campsite for that reason. I know that they are frequently fully booked since that had been our original plan for the cancelled Jan 2021 trip. What hotel would be rarely sold out?

3 Likes

I picked the most expensive RV site, but not the meadow view, because I assumed (though you know what they say…) it wouldn’t be that popular. I don’t know though.

ETA - All camp/RV sites sold out for my dates. I was wrong. I will happily switch to something less popular. Suggestions? I’m not concerned about the price of the room, all packages are just a $200 deposit.

2 Likes

My guess is the ones on hotwire are the least likely to sell out. Those seem to be AllStars, Pop, CSR for the value and moderates and right now Grand Floridian and Yacht Club in the past for the Deluxe. I wouldn’t want to take away the YC from the people looking for the pool though.

4 Likes

I’m going to release my leading camp site reservation now that my ADRs are all set, and some family that has been stalking the site for weeks is going to rejoice that availability finally opened up.

Just doing my part to make dreams come true. :rainbow:

6 Likes

Nevermind. I had the 30% discount package thing checked. All the campsites are still available.

Also, I need a room for 8, so that knocks out a lot of resorts. I will keep an eye on the campsites though. If they become unavailable I will make a change.

1 Like

All my dining reservations still standing the day after resort cancellation for leading reservation. I also added two new dining reservations based on my real reservation including B&C dinner for my 59+11 days out. Then I called and waited 50+ min at 7:30am CDT for my Polar Patio which I secured at 59+11 days out from my BB day. So far so good and just one day left of dining to book tomorrow.

5 Likes

I just booked a breakfast for Ale & Compass. They have Mickey Waffles but only on the kids menu. Can adults order that? Asking for myself. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: If I have to I will just order one for my kids and eat it myself. They usually share their meals anyway.

Is there another good breakfast place in the Boardwalk / BC / YC / Swolphin area?

1 Like

I didn’t do it, but I’ve heard anyone can order kids meals. If you don’t get the blueberry bacon pancakes at A&C, you’re missing out. :smile:

I’d say Trattoria is a very good breakfast, having done it both in Dec and last week. Pancakes and sausage once, and poached eggs once, both outstanding. They have mickey waffles too.

Also, for quick grab and go stuff, BW Bakery was great for us. We got a bunch of muffins and crumb cakes, etc. ahead of time that saved us time on two early park days.

I wonder if Cape May Cafe will open along with the resort side of BC. Swan has Garden Grove, but I don’t know much about it other than it had characters in normal times.

2 Likes

I don’t like blueberries unfortunately. :frowning:

Just checked Trattoria and it had very little available for reservations, and nothing for a party of 7 (6 was the largest they’d accept).

1 Like

They have something better for adults, CHOCOLATE waffles! And an amazing sweet cheese concoction on top.

3 Likes

Ya’ll are killing me. I booked this for our BB day for 8:15am so we could try and make the bus stop by 9:30am but I am seriously really upset that I have to choose b/w the pancakes and the waffles. Everyone saying how wonderful they are is going to make it so hard for me to choose. I may seriously have to get both and just walked around like an elephant in my swimsuit at BB.

5 Likes