Leading Reservations for dining?

It’s rough out there. Today I was unable to get a reservation for Tony’s for 60+7. For Tony’s (my daughter loves the place lol).

1 Like

That is crazy! Never heard anyone have a problem getting tonys before. :thinking:

1 Like

I am CONVINCED that Disney does not load all things consistently at 60 days and that managers are not submitting their dining info to the tech powers at be. I would put good money on Tony’s not being released yet, and it will show up in a few days.

6 Likes

Yes, I think there’s been enough anecdotal evidence among liners that this can be assumed. Seems to have shifted more and more that way over the last year or so.

3 Likes

There’s other availability beyond that day, so I am not sure that’s the case here. I hope so, as that’s a better chance I will get it. I’ll keep checking either way.

I posted this yesterday about ADR’s in HS. Might be helpful to some people.

https://forum.touringplans.com/t/hollywood-studios-zero-adr-availability/92350/13?u=jmarkey86

1 Like

When I booked for my trip, there was a whole week for certain places that didn’t load. Plenty of availability before that week and afterwards but not during :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

My guess is it’s not loaded yet. They sometimes for whatever reason don’t load everything. Definitely keep checking for that.

The TP reservation finder is great for these restaurant that get loaded late. You get an alert when they are loaded.

1 Like

That and some restaurants are closed on certain days but the schedule isn’t really publicized. I noticed that when booking our last trip and had to move Jiko and HDDR around from when I originally thought because both were closed on certain days.

3 Likes

Yes, I just grabbed a Sci Fi reservation for my friend (first timer) this morning thanks to an alert.

3 Likes

At first I wondered if that was to partially negate the benefit of leading reservations. But that negates the on-site benefit, so maybe not.

I guess I’ll stick with this, “never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”
That is a bit of bad sign about Disney management, though.

5 Likes

What service did you use?

I had TP and Mousedining set up. Both emailed me but TP was first.

2 Likes

Hi all,
I have used leading reservations several times at WDW successfully in the past. Making our first trip to Disney Land and wondering if anyone knows if it works there, too? I have searched the forums here but can’t seem to find anything. Thanks.

1 Like

No it is not useful to do so. Disneyland opens their reservations more haphazardly anyway, so often they are not even available / loaded on the day you are eligible! The best thing to do is to check early and often until you get what you are looking for.

If you don’t get the reservations you are hoping for, there is a decent amount of reservations available for same-day booking either through the app if you are in close proximity or in person.

4 Likes

Plus DL is only one day at a time - not length of stay.

2 Likes

Yes there is no plus 10 there so it is literally not possible. And as Jeff said, don’t panic if they aren’t open at 60 days. Keep checking everyday or use a reservation finder because they don’t open a lot of them at 60 days. It’s much more west coast chill (or panic if you’re type A like most of us. Lol). They do hold some reservations for hotel guests so if you happen to be staying on property and for example The Plaza Inn character breakfast appears booked out online, call and ask about hotel spots.

3 Likes

Thanks for the responses…will have to learn to chill…ha!!

3 Likes

Good luck gaining the chill! I struggle unless I have a margarita in hand! LOL

1 Like